Interest check: Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 7, 2022 7:37 pm
There were an attempt to start a game, but DM ghosted. I have learned the system since and could propose an attempt to DM it. Here is how I see this:
System: Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory. RPG.
Release: v2.1 August 202

About system
My top 3 features of the system:
1) I like an aspect of this system. In system such as DnD when a halfling -rogue and orc attempt athletic check if will time to time happen that you break the door only thanks to halfling rogue beeing more athletics that orc-barbarian proficient in the skill. Or - as it just happened only PC to fail a con save in the party is the barbarian.
This system introduce more complex mechanics that simple pass/fail and allow DM and players to improvise with additional effects that would often happen regardless of pass/fail. And they happen often, not just once in a session.

2) Complicated battle mechanics, partially inherited from wargame. Even a skill check is more complicated than a d20+modifier

3) Mechanics to preserve some of the (too) good rolls for future.

About the game My knowledge with WH40K universe is limited and I would at most be able to design a lore-light battle-heavy scenario involving repealing Orc attack against fortifications protected by imperial guards and Aeldari scheming.

The limitations
1) I'm not sure system is good for PBP and fun to DM, I reserve my rights to retire game at any time if I don't have fun DMin it any more.
2) You will need to use custom charsheets, do all rolls manually and calculate your pass/fail manually (as far as I know).
Sep 8, 2022 1:57 am
I am into Warhammer 40k, and is interested to try this. I tried to apply for this game last time as well, but failed because its full.

Do we later get to see a pdf of the rules for this?
Sep 8, 2022 6:26 am
Rules pdf isn't free, but I believe I will be able to make this "demo" session/one-shot and guide you through the actions available for your PCs. You could then decide if you like the system enough to buy the pdf so we could continue with a full scale game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.