[Full 3/3] Second Star to the Right

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedKnavePrivate1 / dayfeanaro00
It would be spoiling to give away a great bit of detail here. However, I realize you must know something of this game, and so to be vaguely clear. . .it is a game set in a world of fantasy with a dash of dark fantasy. Consider it a mingling of typical fantasy tropes with that of fairy tales (perhaps some of the Grimm variety). The world is one of magic, mystery, danger, and hope.

The adventure that the PCs undergo will begin with a daring escape (or attempt in the even of an unexpected death) from the belly of a slave ship. The rest of the adventure will. . .well, how the heck should I know. . .we haven't started yet! Was I being truthful or am I bluffing? Both? Yes, you're right, a bit of both. Confused? Great.

Sep 8, 2022 1:54 am
Synopsis
It would be spoiling to give away a great bit of detail here. However, I realize you must know something of this game, and so to be vaguely clear *smirk*. . .it is a game set in a world of fantasy with a dash of dark fantasy. Consider it a mingling of typical lower-fantasy tropes with that of fairy tales (perhaps some of the Grimm variety). The world is one of magic, mystery, danger, and hope. Although magic is not common place, at least not to our brave PCs thrown into the middle of this tale.

The adventure that the PCs undergo will begin with a daring escape (or attempt in the event of an unexpected death) from the belly of a slave ship. The rest of the adventure will. . .well, how the heck should I know. . .we haven't started yet! Was I being truthful or am I bluffing? Both? Yes, you're right, a bit of both. Confused? Great.

The System
We will be utilizing the Knave SRD. It is a rules-lite system, but with enough familiarity with most any d20 system that any of you could most likely easily jump right in. It's loose where it needs to be and allows me (and you) to make rulings where things aren't elaborated on.

Game Flavor
Fantasy (low/mid-Fantasy, Dark Fantasy), PG to PG-13 at best

Player Characters
We will roll up your starting attributes, and go about a simple character creation process. However, each of you know each other because you're part of the same "native" tribe. Your tan, copper skin, dark hair, and experience with tribal life much akin to that of Native Americans is a common factor between the three of you. Of course now, you've been taken captive. . .

Expectations from You
At least one post per day. I don't feel I should mention anything about post length except to mention that you may post what you'd like, but don't feel the need to write fluff for fluff's sake. If that's your thing, great . . .bring it, if not, just be as clear as possible with whatever you post. I'll work hard to do the same.

Questions? Interested?
Questions? Heck yeah! Post them here and I'll get back to you.

Interested? Awesome! Shoot me a PM and let me know.

Thanks for your time. . .the only currency we never get back.
Last edited September 8, 2022 11:45 am
Sep 8, 2022 11:11 am
In! I will work on a character later today.
Sep 8, 2022 11:38 am
Sounds great. I don't know the system but I would love to play in a game like this. Just started up something similar as a dm.
Sep 8, 2022 11:45 am
Well, looks like that's it. First come first serve! @squid, @SvanDerh, and @Sarkhanmad it seems I have a full group!

I'll try and get the forum finished up today/this evening and send out invites! I do thank you all!
Sep 8, 2022 1:27 pm
I made a new Knave Character Sheet. You can find it in the templates. "Knave V2"
Sep 8, 2022 1:38 pm
Sarkhanmad says:
I made a new Knave Character Sheet. You can find it in the templates. "Knave V2"
Woohoo! Awesome
Sep 8, 2022 11:33 pm
Sarkhanmad says:
Where are these templates? Could we use this sheet for our game?
Sep 9, 2022 12:09 am
On my phone, I have to wait about 5 seconds before that "load template" option shows up...

*It only shows up on a newly created character...
Last edited September 9, 2022 1:21 am
Sep 9, 2022 12:11 am
You can also use the other Knave template if you want something more similar to a pen and paper sheet.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.