[Recruitment] Mutant Crawl Classics

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedMutant Crawl ClassicsPublic1 / daydominion451
The world was once a paradise of high tech easy living. Robots did everything for you, artificial intelligence made all your decisions. Then came the Great Disaster. Thousands of years later, nature has reclaimed the ruins of civilization and a new neolithic age has brought people out of their caves and back to the hunt for adventure!

You’re a wasteland wanderer: a mutant, a seeker, a robot-killer, a stoic shaman guarding forgotten ancient sciences. You seek triumph and technology, winning it with mutations and magic, soaked in the radiation and quantum fields of the mutated, the savage, the semi-sentient, and the artificially intelligent. There are treasures to be won in the taboo lands and ruins, and you shall have them!

This game uses the Mutant Crawl Classics rule set, I will provide the rulebook if you do not own it. Mutant Crawl Classics (MCC) is a spin-off of Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG and for the most part uses the d20 system (think DND 5e), most will already be familiar with it and those who aren't will find it easy to adapt. There are a few new rules beyond the d20 system, the LUCK attribute may be "burned" to increase rolls after the fact usually at a ratio of 1:1 (i.e. spending or "burning" one point of luck equals a +1 bonus to a roll). The core MCC ruleset did not import Mighty Deeds for warriors (or Sentinels, as this game calls them) so we will be substituting the Mighty Deeds rule from DCC and using it to replace the Sentinels "artifact die." Also the Rover class will burn LUCK at a ratio of 1:2 (one point of luck equals a +2 bonus to a die roll) rather than the rate listed in the MCC rulebook.

This game takes place at the end of the new neolithic period of humanity (or mutantity if you will) so think mostly stone tools with some simple copper smelting mixed in. The new neolithic age has of course risen from the bones of a super science world so scavenging things like ray guns, cyberware, and holovids will occur though your characters will not likely recognize them when found. To that end, each character will have an "Artifact Check Bonus" stat which will modify a roll to make sense of whatever relic of "The Ancients" they may stumble upon.

"What this funny silver stick with jewel on side?"

:looks down the length of the lightsaber as he turns it on:

Sep 11, 2022 4:03 pm
Looking for one more radiation freak who's ready to die! Running three modules from Mutant Crawl Classics (I will provide the sourcebook if needed). We will start from the zero-level funnel where each player will control 3-4 absolute losers and see if they can't get ONE of them to live till the end! The survivor from each player's hand will gain the honor of becoming a real level 1 character!

The setting:

The world was once a paradise of high tech easy living. Robots did everything for you, artificial intelligence made all your decisions. Then came the Great Disaster. Thousands of years later, a new neolithic age has brought people out of their caves and back to the hunt for adventure!

You’re a wasteland wanderer: a mutant, a seeker, a robot-killer, a stoic shaman guarding forgotten ancient sciences. You seek triumph and technology, winning it with mutations and magic, soaked in the radiation and quantum fields of the mutated, the savage, the semi-sentient, and the artificially intelligent. There are treasures to be won in the taboo lands and ruins, and you shall have them.
Last edited September 12, 2022 2:37 pm
Sep 11, 2022 5:11 pm
I LOVE DCC, but I haven't played MCC. I'd be interested.
Sep 11, 2022 5:29 pm
Naatkinson says:
I LOVE DCC, but I haven't played MCC.
Same here, wish I could join but I'm struggling to stay active in the games I'm already in. Wish you luck with this one!
Sep 11, 2022 5:50 pm
I haven't played it either but the modules I'm reading seem very fun!
Sep 11, 2022 6:43 pm
I do have a few gripes with MCC... The core rulebook is not a stand alone product. Also the classes are not sufficiently differentiated and there are no more mighty deeds which I thought was one of DCC's greatest advents. The Umerican Survival Guide rectifies all of this but changes the theme to be full-on Fallout rather than tribals discovering crazy tech. I loved the Fallout video games and I even had fun playing the fan-made Fallout TTRPG that utilized the actual percentile mechanics of the video game; but I really like the comedic aspect MCC has in their theme and don't find that in a pure mad Max RPG.

Probably a mix of Umerica and MCC will be necessary to have a fully functioning system.
Sep 12, 2022 5:53 am
I would be interested in this setting, especially if you are leaning in the more comedic aspects (and if the posting frequency is not too fast). Sounds like great fun!
Last edited September 12, 2022 5:56 am
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 pm
Definitely going for the funny, IMO that's one of the best parts of DCC/MCC! Posting frequency would be daily but we all know things happen.
Sep 12, 2022 1:55 pm
I didn't play that system yet but sign me up if that game happens
Sep 12, 2022 2:03 pm
Got 5 interested, I'll put up an official recruitment thread today!
Sep 12, 2022 8:46 pm
Room for one more...
Sep 12, 2022 9:24 pm
I'll throw my hat into the ring. I have MCC, but have never actually played it.
Sep 12, 2022 9:32 pm
Welcome aboard! That makes six so we are officially full up but there is always attrition so Ill post openings as they arise.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.