Does anyone like Warrior, Rogue & Mage?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 30, 2022 3:26 pm
I have a bit of a feeling to run a game of this, or play in one. Very nebulous as to plot, using the default setting such as it is.
Oct 1, 2022 1:26 am
I love it. It's the best. I will definitely play this. My only suggestion is to restrict magic at character creation and use it as a plot advancement point. Also to create your own monsters.
Oct 1, 2022 2:44 am
I'm down to try. Just reading it for the first time, but it looks like a cool game.
Oct 1, 2022 3:27 am
Jomsviking says:
I love it. It's the best. I will definitely play this.
hmm. Will you run it?
Oct 1, 2022 5:20 am
tibbius says:
Jomsviking says:
I love it. It's the best. I will definitely play this.
hmm. Will you run it?
I will co-run it.

I like the Armor with Hit Points variant a lot but it becomes a lot of accounting and I'm not patient for that. It also makes for big damn heroes and acts of dramatic heroism.

Most important is setting. I greatly prefer low to no magic settings for the drama and intrigue. But I am flexible.
Oct 1, 2022 2:21 pm
For armor, I like the variant where you have to do at least as much damage as the armor's Defense, but then all the damage applies. So if you manage to hit a knight who is wearing Heavy Plate Armor, you pretty much need a two handed weapon, polearm, or firearm or crossbow, and then your damage inflicted will be very all-or-nothing.
Oct 2, 2022 6:58 am
It does make it rather realistic that way. Being fond of HEMA, I do enjoy how realistic WR&M can be to replicate these kinds of battles. That said I also like giving the rogue attribute more powers in a pitched fight.
Oct 2, 2022 1:03 pm
ooh, if you like realism, I could pull out my old house rule about how arrows have to be removed before you can start to heal the injury. Removing an arrow does d6 additional damage ...

... roll twice and take the lowest if it's removed by a trained surgeon.
Last edited October 2, 2022 1:04 pm
Oct 3, 2022 10:30 pm
That could be interesting but will end up adding more accounting to the game.
Oct 4, 2022 12:51 am
That's DM-side accounting, not too hard to handle. Just mark a wound with an embedded object, don't let it heal until the object is removed, and re-roll damage when the object is removed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.