[Closed] Eberron campaign in Mournland

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate1 / dayGreyWord
About Mournland. Once, Cyre shone more brightly than any of its sibling nations in the kingdom of Galifar. Today, this region is a festering wound across Khorvaire. A wall of mist surrounds a land twisted into strange and terrible shapes. Cyre was once called the Jewel of Galifar. Now it is the Mournland.

Of all the bizarre and horrific spectacles of the Mournland, perhaps the greatest tragedy is represented by the ruins of the once-glittering cities of Cyre. Some have been reduced to rubble, while others are eerily preserved, devoid of life but otherwise unharmed. In some of them, treasures left behind by the former inhabitants await discovery, and many people across Khorvaire are eager to get their hands on such spoils for a wide variety of reasons.

The hook
You are just of many humanoids of the all across Khorvaire eager to risk their lives in a desperate attempt to make your own discovery in the Mournland. Most of them are barely seeking the wealth, but there are enough of weird ones: some agents of House of Cannith seeking information about still functional assets, some warforged seeking to meet the The Lord of Blades (power-mad tyrant some warfoged see as scholar and philosopher), ...

The scenario The scenario has a railroad - main quest to retrieve particular artifact form Mournland. Nevertheless DM is open to discuss design side-quests for each PC if the player invest heavily into reading Eberron book. It is optional of course.
Regardless of side-quests party is going to have two challenges and monsters living in Mournland is only half of that challenge. Your competitors is your biggest problem -the NPC interested in acquiring the artifact will be paying whoever brings it to him. And there is little to no law enforcement in the Mournland

Sep 30, 2022 5:57 pm
Hey, a DM who failed 3 games on GP will do one more attempt to DM a pbp game. I believe I've learned from my mistakes and will be able to finally make it work.

About me: I am king of strange person combining zealous rules lawyer and story teller habits. Also, I believe D20 roll is just a tool to help DM make narrative only when DM can't make a decision otherwise. It is not mechanic for players to enjoy or to min-max over.

Warning: the game will experience a few features not typical for gamersplane, please be aware that:
1. Game peace ensuring features (1 post per day)
1.1. No player are rolling an ability score out of combat. DM will be doing all of the virtual rolls for you, using your PC modifiers
1.2. During combat if a player do not post in 24 hours, ther PC does a dodge action. Weekends included!
1.3. Out of combat DM reserve right to narrate PC actions and even decisions when player do not post within 48 hours
2. Game rules enforcing features
2.1 PC are not allowed to attempt action that is similar to spell or feature of any 5e sublass through the gameplay - DM will have this action to fail automatically.
2.2 If a player post action, case a spell or does anything attempting to achieve benefits not directly supported by spell/feature description, DM reserve right to have PC action water, spell slot exhausted, etc. but no effect triggered.
2.3 DM has a discord account and ready to discuss any player action before that action is posted.
[ +- ] Why so?
How to apply just write you are interested here on PM. No character concept required. Only express you do not have any issues with warning I've posted above.
Deadline is 60 hours from this post. And I reserve my right to not invite players without explaining the reason.

Any questions are welcome and I am willing to extend deadline for those who ask questions
Last edited October 3, 2022 6:03 am
Sep 30, 2022 11:43 pm
i haven't played a d&d esque game before. but i'm willing to learn. i think i know the basics.
Oct 1, 2022 7:05 am
Good. I'm willing to teach and help through the game
Oct 3, 2022 6:02 am
@phillip1882 thanks for your interest, but I'm afraid game is cancelled due to lack of other player interest.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.