[Interest Check] Fate of Eberron

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 1, 2022 11:58 am
Not sure I'm going to run this yet, so I'd like to know how many people would be interested in playing in a game set in D&D's Eberron setting using the Fate system.
Oct 1, 2022 1:04 pm
that could be fun.
Its a awesome setting and I would love to get some more FATE experince
Last edited October 1, 2022 1:10 pm
Oct 1, 2022 2:09 pm
For the record, I would prioritise a FATE Eberron game over your D&D 5e game
Oct 1, 2022 3:23 pm
I'd love to learn to play FATE system!
Even if this means one more game than my normal limit, count me in!
Oct 1, 2022 7:21 pm
I'd be interested! Assuming posting rate requirement was at most once a day.

I actually ran a few in person Fate Eberron games before and have some pregens which illustrate how to emulate various Eberron magic and dragonmarks in Fate. I've also got a Fate conversion guide you could pick and choose from if you need it :-)
Oct 1, 2022 9:04 pm
Dreamweaver says:
I'd be interested! Assuming posting rate requirement was at most once a day.

I actually ran a few in person Fate Eberron games before and have some pregens which illustrate how to emulate various Eberron magic and dragonmarks in Fate. I've also got a Fate conversion guide you could pick and choose from if you need it :-)
If nothing else, I'm curious about your FATE conversion guide.
I did a quick google search and was disappointed to find direct D&D conversion like how to do spellslots in fate. Oh my gods no! They totally missed the point. I hope your resources are better.
Oct 1, 2022 9:25 pm
@runekyndig Why not play in both?

@Dreamweaver Once a day is my usual posting rate. I'd love to take a look at that conversion guide.
Oct 2, 2022 1:57 am
Please don't reshare outside this thread or the group if we do a campaign, but here is my conversion. I want to clean things up a bit and share publicly at some point, but I need to add some copyright notice stuff, etc. I have my own 'verb' skill list that could be swapped out for any skill list really.

Fate Eberron Conversion Guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MdjE938blIQehtPmN26w77CdPKJl3meT1fYHN2s8u3g/edit?usp=sharing

Fate Eberron Pregens
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1P3eWUcvb8IFZ3lAAEaqiVaQbOxTETAgX?usp=sharing
Oct 2, 2022 2:13 am
If it's finally ran, I'm in.
Eberron is a setting I always wanted to play in, and Fate is a system I always wanted to give a try to.
Last edited October 2, 2022 1:36 pm
Oct 2, 2022 5:44 am
Dreamweaver says:
Please don't reshare outside this thread or the group if we do a campaign, but here is my conversion. I want to clean things up a bit and share publicly at some point, but I need to add some copyright notice stuff, etc. I have my own 'verb' skill list that could be swapped out for any skill list really.
Thanks for letting me have a look. I hope that it's not the directions we are headed. I would love to play Eberron using FATE rules. Not having a DND conversation into fate. I would like to play a Magewright not a fighter/wizard . And i think that the vercant magic system is one of the most boring inflexible magic systems out there.

I think finding the right tone of a FATE game is more important than the mechanics
Last edited October 2, 2022 7:20 am
Oct 2, 2022 7:32 am
JoshuaMabry says:
@runekyndig Why not play in both?
I would like to play Eberron (and Planescape, but that is another matter) as I love the setting. I have had my fill of vanilla 5e and FATE can do a lot more interesting things that 5e can
Oct 2, 2022 12:10 pm
Dang, I really liked your character concept for the other game.
Oct 2, 2022 12:13 pm
@Dreamweaver Would you want to play if I don't use your conversion rules?
Oct 2, 2022 1:47 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
Dang, I really liked your character concept for the other game.
Hehe sorry :D
I'll try and make it up to you. I was consittering what a else to play and thought of a young man, who had been training with house Deneith as a bodyguard/magewrite most of his life. On the day of his graduation where he would swore an oath to the Deneith house, his dragon mark appeared and it was not the Deneith dragon mark. He is trapped by his own oath while it is clear that he belongs to another house and they want him. It could be a greater dragon mark, so the house leaders had an interesting pawn to fight over.
It is hard to hide the mark as it is big and in an obvious place, like the neck and part of the chin.

He just want to serve and do a good job. But now he is torn between the place that made him the man he is today, and the destiny of the mark. He might even try to runaway if he can't handle the pressure. Whatever house/dragon mark he has depends is something we figure out.
Oct 2, 2022 3:18 pm
Oh, I really love Eberron as a setting. I'm actually playing another game in some...weird... d20... system I know even less about than FATE. But if you are willing to hold my hand on the rules-side like in the 40k game, I would be happy to play.

I have a concept for a psionic changeling thief from the underbottom of Sharn I've made ages ago for a 3.5 game that I never got to play I'd love to dust off.
Last edited October 2, 2022 3:18 pm
Oct 2, 2022 6:41 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
@Dreamweaver Would you want to play if I don't use your conversion rules?
Yeah, would still love to play. :-)
Oct 2, 2022 6:46 pm
Posted a recruitment thread for this game here.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.