[Interest Check] [Fate] Swashbuckling Fantasy

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 3, 2022 5:16 pm
I am new to Fate RPG and am interested in running a game. I would like to go through the collaborative world-building process, but as a starting point I am leaning towards an age-of-sail fantasy type game where heroes travel the high seas searching for adventure.

Is there any interest from players in a game like that?
Oct 3, 2022 5:29 pm
I'll toss my hat in, but I'd be a new player.
Oct 3, 2022 6:21 pm
I'm up for trying as well, new player to FATE.
Oct 3, 2022 8:52 pm
I love Fate and the setting sounds great! Been playing or running Fate for over 10 years. 50 Fathoms is a great setting this makes me think of that setting. So please consider me :-)
Oct 3, 2022 10:05 pm
Pick me! Pick me! I’d love to play a Fate game instead of running one.
Oct 3, 2022 10:09 pm
I'm new to FATE and wanting to try it for some time. I'd love to join!
Oct 4, 2022 2:48 pm
It looks like we have enough interest to run a game, so I will get something going.

I am leaning towards using Fate Condensed and the Fate System Toolkit.
Dreamweaver says:
50 Fathoms is a great setting this makes me think of that setting.
I am familiar with that setting and like it too.

I could port the setting over to Fate or run our own homebrew setting. What would you guys prefer?
Oct 4, 2022 4:35 pm
I’ve heard good things about 50 Fathams. At the same time, going through a collaborative world build is what attracted me to your idea. I’d prefer the latter.
Oct 4, 2022 4:37 pm
I GM'ed 50 Fathoms for a bit, before a newborn and the pandemic quickly ended that, and haven't touched it since. It'd be fun to try it using a different system, but am down for homebrew as well, if you're worried about "insider information" being a problem ;-)
Oct 4, 2022 4:45 pm
I'm definitely down for some world building.
Oct 4, 2022 6:09 pm
OK, we will stick with collaborative world-building. I will create the game shortly.
Oct 5, 2022 4:00 pm
Game created and invites sent.
Oct 6, 2022 6:42 am
If you're not full, I'm interested in joining as well. I've always been a fan of age-of-sail style settings.
Oct 6, 2022 11:28 am
Hi callan, we can take one more, then I’ll close the game for applications.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.