Warrior Rogue and Magi: Dragonlords of Anunahk

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 4, 2022 7:31 am
https://i.imgur.com/6J7ACEs.jpg

✅ The Game System and Rules Version:

We will be using Stargazer Games Warrior Rogue and Mage as well as multiple house rules

✅ The Pitch:

Dragonlords of Annunak will be a very low magic game set in a world not unlike ancient Sumer, though the technology will be closer to the Roman Principut.

✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes:

Slavery and Dark Sorcery will be themes here as well as extreme legalism. Think a Lawful Evil society but run by people who are Neutral Evil and Chaotic Evil.

✅ Character Restrictions:

While the world is human only, we will be using racial talents from all the races in character creation. Also magic will be unlocked when the player forms covenants with the various cults in Annunak and is therefore locked at character creation.

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency:

I like to run long games. This one has no set duration. I tend to have time to post daily.

✅ Specialized Software and Resources:

Discord, use it, love it. Embrace the chaos.

Add me on Discord Jomsviking#4924

✅ Player Experience Requirements:

You can literally read the game rules in 30 minutes. You don't need experience but please do read the rules.

✅ How to Apply:

Let's get some spitball concepts here then iron out details over Discord.

Add me on Discord Jomsviking#4924

✅ "This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups."

https://i.imgur.com/NV3CTCh.jpg
Last edited October 4, 2022 9:57 pm
Oct 4, 2022 1:18 pm
This sounds fun! I would like to try this game, though I'm not sure what the characters should be since I don't have a reference point. But I'd make a great Plucky Scout!.
Oct 4, 2022 3:59 pm
Ok *thank you* for offering to run this. It looks fun! A pop-culture / TTRPG referent for people not familiar with Mesopotamia probably would be D&D 2e Dark Sun.

Will this be more like a palace-intrigue game or more like a raiding-warriors game?
Oct 4, 2022 5:39 pm
That second part mostly! If we're deciding that here, then I like the tribal underdog angle. Just a general idea of what we'll be doing in the game would be helpful to go beyond what I can interact with the character system.
Last edited October 4, 2022 5:46 pm
Oct 4, 2022 7:11 pm
It will be largely up to the players to choose where they want to go. I plan on opening the palace to those who wish to go that route. And have already begun to make designs on the first night and day in the world. Hint: Psychedelic Horror.

Think about what your character might be doing on the final day of a particularly brutal winter as The Darkest Night approaches. If they are in the desert or the city and why?
Oct 4, 2022 7:14 pm
Hmmm will need a bit of time to make character. Thinking W2 R5 M3 - focused more toward courtly intrigue and possibly direct (sneaky) action. The brains more than the muscles. They would be in the city, huddling against the cold and hoping for the frost to break next morning.
Oct 4, 2022 7:54 pm
@tibbius

This I can work with. You'll have an option to engage with the court but if you're wandering the streets on The Darkest Night you're probably either a freed slave or someone with substantial debts.

@orobu

I like the idea of a scout, as with most feudal societies owning a horse made you one of the social elite. There are many gods in the Sumerian pantheon. Choose which you think is best fit for your character and we can work from there.
Oct 4, 2022 8:23 pm
Just to note that usually the darkest (longest) night is the last day of autumn and the first of winter.
Oct 4, 2022 8:41 pm
On Earth you are correct. But this game will likely take place on Planet V, aka Tiamat or Phaeton.
Oct 4, 2022 8:45 pm
So this will be occurring in the time before Planet V shatters to form the Asteroid Belt ...
Oct 4, 2022 9:13 pm
Yes but also let's not get bogged down in the historicity of theoretical planets in science fiction universes. I am not an expert on disruption theory, nor on the supposed planet in question. Consider it earth like with a few important differences.

A year is 361 days, nine months of 36 days(each corresponding to a god of the pantheon and a primordial entity) and one month of 37. Each day is 60hrs long 36hrs of daylight 24hrs of darkness. This is bound to have some profoundly negative consequences on the human circadian rhythm, and likely some other benefits(magic).

I'm working on getting a game thread together. I don't expect many people will apply so I'd be fine with starting with just you two and adding up to 2 more players if they desire to join this.
Oct 4, 2022 9:30 pm
War 4 Rog 4 Mag 2 [Bows, Polearm, Riding] [Falcon Familiar]

Being protected in a city sounds good.
Last edited October 4, 2022 9:30 pm
Oct 6, 2022 9:13 am
Just to make it clear I can take up to 2 more characters.
Oct 7, 2022 7:49 am
Would like to sign up. Thank you
Oct 7, 2022 8:08 am
You're most welcome just come up with a concept.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.