[Recruitment] Childish Things High School

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 16, 2022 7:23 am
"People say nothing ever happens in Cornerstone. Those people are full of it. They're either willfully ignorant, or they are part of the problem, and they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Nightpod knows, and hes going to show me everything. "

~the last journal entry of Loretta Cobb

https://www.bu.edu/sph/files/2017/08/abandoned-main-street-america.png

The Pitch
People have been disappearing from the town of Cornerstone for decades. The authorities right them off as runaways or deadbeats shirking their responsibilities, the dregs of society that aren't worth the energy it would take to find them.

But with the latest missing person, you know that isn't true. Loretta Cobb was not the type to run away. She was going to do something with her life. She was going to break out of this little podunck town and make an impact on the world. Most importantly, she meant something to you. She wouldn't just leave you behind without saying goodbye.

And if that wasn't enough, now there is some...creature lurking in the corner of your room claiming to be your familiar, shaped like your imaginary from when you were six, offering to help with whatever problems you have.

The Details
This will be a High-school age Monsters and Other Childish Things game, using an episodic, monster-of-the-week style, with the overarching plot revolving around the disappearance of an NPC known and important to the PCs.

I'm looking at a relaxed posting schedule of 4-5 posts a week. Fridays and Saturdays are less open for me. It's one thing to post a character's actions, and another to craft plot around several characters all at once. Interested players, post in this thread. At this time i am only taking 3 players. When you express your interest please include your favorite "Saturday morning" cartoon. It doesn't have to really be a Saturday morning show, this is mostly to see if potential players are actually reading this post.

This game will require you to run two characters, your kid and their monster, who you share control of with the GM, so keep that in mind when considering your application.

Themes and Content Warnings
Adult content is a possibility in this game. Young adults get up to a lot of things. We will abide by the rules of this site, and I am a firm believer in using Lines, Veils, and X-Cards. Additionally, this game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.

Further Questions?
If there's something I forgot or you wish to have clarified, please ask.
Oct 16, 2022 7:59 am
I have read the rule book a long time ago, not really expecting to find a game for it, ever.
I'd be interested to join. I don't have a character idea for it yet. It would depend greatly how you envision the relationship between people and monsters in this world.

As a kid I loved Inspector Gadget
Oct 16, 2022 5:05 pm
This sounds interesting. Honestly, I've never heard of or played it before. But would be willing to give it a go.

Favorite cartoon:

https://i.imgur.com/VtcBy6T.jpg
Oct 17, 2022 12:21 am
This does sound interesting. I'll be a literal new player. I'll definitely toss my hat in.

My favorite show would be a tie between GI Joe and Dungeons & Dragons.
Oct 17, 2022 12:41 am
Ok. That's 3. I'm going to close things up for now. Invites are incoming.
Oct 17, 2022 11:17 am
Best of luck with it. I just sold my rule book as I've never found anyone willing to play it. I hope it goes well for you.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.