[Recruitment] [Fate] Fate of the High Seas [3/5]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedFate CorePrivate3 / weekRedcap
Embark on an adventure on the high seas. Welcome to the land of Amorisk. The archipelago lands filled with monsters, evil empires, orc raiders, where pirates and privateers are the free peoples' last line of defense against death and tyranny.

The alchemists of the Malicine Empire created a powerful extract called "alchemists fire" that burns uncontrollably when mixed with water. They've used this power to conquer the surrounding territories. Alchemist fire has made their fleets nearly indestructible in naval warfare. But still, there are those who resist. The free ports of Amorisk have recruited scoundrels and warriors into fleets of privateers to raid the ships of Malicine. Only through plundering the merchant fleets and treasuries can they keep the empire at bay.

Still there are other dangers that the seafarers of Amorisk must be wary of. Gnollish raiding ships, Merfolk tridents, wandering sea monsters, and ghost ships. For some unknown reason, when some ships drift too far out-to-sea, they return with a crew of the walking dead.

Sail out into the waters, if you dare!

Oct 17, 2022 12:41 pm
I am looking for 2 more players for the game.
Last edited October 17, 2022 12:54 pm
Oct 17, 2022 1:34 pm
I'm new to the site and have a bit of experience with the fate system. Could you give a little info about what you already have character wise so that my character doesn't overlap with someone else?
Last edited October 17, 2022 1:34 pm
Oct 17, 2022 1:51 pm
Sure, the current cast is:

Bailin Rohmner: Weapon master without a home.

Darrok Bonebreaker: Exiled Orc Chieftain Turned Pirate

Elwood Watley: Mild-mannered Shipwright
Oct 17, 2022 3:09 pm
Oh...I have an idea for a character that could be fun.
Oct 17, 2022 4:28 pm
Other then magic being very rare is there anything else that we should avoid?
Oct 17, 2022 4:35 pm
oldedog says:
Other then magic being very rare is there anything else that we should avoid?
Not really, what did you have in mind?

It needs to fit under the concept of heroic outlaw.
Last edited October 17, 2022 4:48 pm
Oct 17, 2022 8:07 pm
A man on the run from Malicine Empire due to his unusual bloodline. The blood of dragons runs in his veins and they wish to dissect him to learn what secrets his blood might reveal. Living as an outlaw was the only real option he had to evade the empire and joining a crew gives him some friends to watch his back.

Most of my experience in fate is with more "realistic" games so might need some help making sure of what is appropriate for him to have aspect wise.
Oct 17, 2022 8:07 pm
A man on the run from the Malicine Empire due to his unusual bloodline. The blood of dragons runs in his veins and they wish to dissect him to learn what secrets his blood might reveal. Living as an outlaw was the only real option he had to evade the empire and joining a crew gives him some friends to watch his back.

Most of my experience in fate is with more "realistic" games so might need some help making sure of what is appropriate for him to have aspect wise.
Oct 17, 2022 8:57 pm
oldedog says:
A man on the run from the Malicine Empire due to his unusual bloodline. The blood of dragons runs in his veins and they wish to dissect him to learn what secrets his blood might reveal. Living as an outlaw was the only real option he had to evade the empire and joining a crew gives him some friends to watch his back.

I think something like this would be fine for our game.
Oct 17, 2022 10:17 pm
Really sorry about this after asking so many questions but real world stuff has come up that will be taking up most of my time so I'll have to withdraw, sorry about wasting your time.
Last edited October 18, 2022 2:01 am
Oct 21, 2022 9:26 am
I wondering if your still accepting players for the game.

If you are, what sort of Fate are you doing: Condensed, Accelerated, Core?
Oct 21, 2022 12:31 pm
dunderklumpen says:
I wondering if your still accepting players for the game.

If you are, what sort of Fate are you doing: Condensed, Accelerated, Core?
Yes, we are still accepting new players.

We are playing Fate Condensed.
Oct 21, 2022 1:13 pm
Last call for characters, the ship sets sail this weekend.
Oct 21, 2022 6:29 pm
OK, I'm in if you'll have me.

High concept something along the lines of Naturalist Atoning for his Sins.

If it works, he'd have been in some role in the Malacine Empire that aided in the production of Alchemist Fire. Now he regrets it and is trying to make it right. He's a scientisty fellow.
Oct 22, 2022 12:24 pm
Dunko says:
OK, I'm in if you'll have me.

High concept something along the lines of Naturalist Atoning for his Sins.

If it works, he'd have been in some role in the Malacine Empire that aided in the production of Alchemist Fire. Now he regrets it and is trying to make it right. He's a scientisty fellow.
Sounds like a great concept.
Oct 23, 2022 4:05 am
I hope I'm not too late. I have an idea for a magic-using character. Here is my basic idea (I have the basic Condensed skills and stunts worked out but will need some guidance on how magic will be handled (if allowed).
Quote:
Name: Jayanti
Appearance: Young human female with an eyepatch
High Concept: young renegade Aeromancer.
Trouble: Chosen one on the run
Relationship: todo
Free aspects: Raised for a single purpose, Rockin' that eyepatch

Jayanti was raised by a supernatural cult without ever knowing her real parents. She was trained in the magical mysteries of wind magic (aeromancy). Eventually, she began to see her guardians as jailors. They hinted at her ultimate fate, and although it was never explicitly stated Jayanti assumed that it would be final and also unpleasant.

She escaped with the first chance she had, taking Jayanti as an assumed name, and began a wandering journey to evade her former guardians. She has no doubt that they are anxious to get their chosen one back

You do not have permission to post in this thread.