Theros No Silent Secret [D&D 5e] [CLOSED]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic1 / dayKoldikSteelskin
The walled polis of Akros stands defiantly atop a precipitous cliff. The unforgiving mountains around it serve as a shield between its holdings and the rest of Theros. Few have ever dared to attack its famed fortress, the Kolophon, and no attack has ever breached its walls. To the residents of Theros, the Akroans hold near-mythical status: feared warriors produced by a culture that centers around perfecting the mind and body for war. Their armies have rarely tasted defeat as they expand the borders of Akros, seizing new lands and bounty.

https://www.worldanvil.com/media/cache/cover/uploads/images/0ee8b8e402ef84c6d3108efa34405499.jpg

Yet someone dared murder a man within the city and you all happened to be nearby when this killing occured, no event is by chance in Theros and as always the gods seem to have a hand in your lives.

This game is a D&D 5e Game set in Theros, starting with the mini adventure in the back of the book modified for level 3 characters, and possibly continuing beyond this adventure.

The roots of Theros lie in the myths of ancient Greece, tales dominated by gods, heroes, and monsters. The central conflict in Theros is among gods, striving against each other over the devotion of mortals. Mortal devotion equates to divine power: when people fervently pray to a god, when they piously observe the god’s rites and sacrifices, and when they devoutly trust in the god’s divine might, the god becomes more powerful.

Mortal beings—heroes and monsters alike—often become unwitting pawns in the contests of the gods. Having a powerful champion is an indication of a god’s power—and can potentially increase the god’s own power. A champion who acts as an agent of a god among other people helps increase those people’s devotion to the god. And if a hero should happen to strike down the agents of a rival god along the way, all the better.

Posting Frequency: I expect around 1 post every day and expect you to go no more than three days of not posting without letting us know that you're going to be not posting as much, on weekends this game will slow down as I will not be able to post as much then.

Oct 31, 2022 8:50 pm
Level: Starting at level 3 possibly moving beyond.

Ability Scores
4d6 drop lowest if you don't like results you can default to this array: 8, 14, 12, 17, 10, 11

Hit Points
Max Value on dice for class

Races

the following are races of Theros
Humans
Notes
Humans on Theros are similar to those found on other D&D worlds: adaptable, ambitious, and wildly diverse.
Centaurs
Notes
Centaurs employ cunning and equine strength to further the goals of the roaming Lagonna and Pheres bands.
Leonin
Notes
Leonin are proud lion-like hunters, many of whom live in defiance of the gods.
Minotaurs
Notes
Minotaurs are infamous for bloodthirstiness, a reputation even the most peaceful struggle to escape.
Satyrs
Notes
Satyrs follow their passions in the pursuit of wild revels and new adventures.
Tritons
Notes
Tritons are an enigmatic, sea-dwelling people with an endless desire to explore.

Supernatural Gifts

Most heroes of Theros have some kind of supernatural aid to help them achieve their goals. Often this aid comes from the gods, but some heroes might find their support from other beings, such as the sphinx Medomai, an oracle like Atris or Kydele, or a repository of mystical knowledge. Some heroes are born with supernatural power or born as a result of supernatural events.

The Supernatural Gifts can be found in the character creation section of Mythic Odysseys of Theros, each of these gifts are very powerful and I recommend choosing one for your character but let's be clear these are gifts, if you don't have a source from which your gift came than I reserve the right to take away that gift. now I don't think that should be a problem as each gift gives suggestions for why you have them all you need to do is at least choose.

Classes: No Artificers, or Warlocks.

Background: Custom or Premade
Custom Background: 2 skill proficiencies, 2 language/tool proficiencies

I am looking for 3-5 players for this game which may or may not continue beyond the short prewritten adventure inside the book.

How To Apply:
- character concept, don't feel you have to stick to that concept.
- Answer one of these questions in note
1. What is the world of Theros based on?
2. What was Theros Original Created for?
Last edited November 2, 2022 1:57 pm
Oct 31, 2022 9:38 pm
Sounds interesting to me. Do count me in on this.
Oct 31, 2022 10:44 pm
I'd be interested in a multiclass diviner2/fighter1 satyr or human. I wasn't playing Magic when Theros was in standard, bit the setting always appealed to me.
Oct 31, 2022 10:59 pm
Thinking... maybe a Leonin fighter, trying to be an embodiment of Akroan principles.

Nov 1, 2022 1:08 am
This sounds like fun. Cool little note - the first character I ever thought about making when I got introduced to D&D was a Leonin Barbarian! Which seems fitting in this setting, so if you'll have me, I'd be able to bring this character to life!

Answer to Q1:
The world of Theros is based off Greek mythology. :)
Nov 1, 2022 4:42 am
I've got an orphaned satyr character looking for a new home on Theros. :P
https://gamersplane.com/characters/avatars/16794.jpg?1667277413
Concept: Omeros, a satyr nyxborn college of eloquence bard. Fun-loving and sensitive, Omeros is also running from the wrath of a mysterious force which has it in for him for some unknown reason. His mother said his father was divine but did she mean literally?
annex sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
Last edited November 1, 2022 4:43 am
Nov 1, 2022 6:50 am
Theros is the best gameworld ever. I love the old Greek setting.
I play in a Theros game in a play by voice game and love it. I play a divine soul sorcerer in that game, blessed by Karametra.

For this, I would have an alternative approach on an Anvilwrought.
She is a human anvilwrought paladin of Heliod or Iroas (to decide)
She has an alternative approach on anvilwrought, for she is made of solid gold.
She was actually one of those fancy statues of an ancient hero that stands nearby a main temple.
One day, when the temple was under attack, her god granted her life to help defend the temple.

SvanDerh sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
Edit: anvilrod... doh... spelling
Last edited November 1, 2022 5:20 pm
Nov 1, 2022 5:05 pm
I had a read of the manual and instantly fell in love with it, the ancient Greece is one of my favourite setting, close with the ancient Egypt.
And, should you have spot, i would love to play the Theros setting, my concept would be about a Triton, either a cleric or a Paladin, deeply devoted but a bit of a free spirited person.

The Character would be then a follower of Thassa, maybe, or a god deeply connected with the sea, and i think no one is connected deeper than Thassa after all.

Alastair94 sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
Last edited November 1, 2022 5:08 pm

Len

Nov 1, 2022 6:51 pm
Great idea for a game, @KoldikSteelskin! I love the Theros setting and am sorely tempted to apply, if only I wasn't planning on starting a new game of my own. You're in good hands with this DM, everyone.
Nov 1, 2022 7:11 pm
Hoping you are to tell a story about heroes, where conflict between gods is only a cause of the events and PCs being god champions only a flavor. Ignore my application is it is not the case.
As such I would like to play. I would like to play a human fighter, Heliod champion, son of a Heliod champion. Who is a talented and well trained fighter first, a man of tradition second and is probably even questioning reasons his family worship the god.

GreyWord sent a note to KoldikSteelskin
Nov 2, 2022 1:27 pm
Thank you all for your applications this was truly a tough decision as I had many very good applications I would like to Invite @ZeroCool, @MaJunior, @annex, @SvanDerh, and @Alastair94 to this game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.