Tread Softly Thief In The Night - Conan 2D20

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenConan 2D20Public3 / weekLauraChiGio
The glitter of a thousand thousand grains of sand is like that of gold to those who would travel the routes of the caravanserai in pursuit of the treasures borne by endless camels and horses. Behind each rock a cutthroat lurks willing and able to take by force precious cargo that crosses the deserts of Turan from Khitai. The merchants are no fools. They arm themselves well and hold close to themselves their keys and guards. Still despite these steeled teeth and the speared claws of their defences, the soft underbelly of fortune awaits any who would risk themselves to get it. Brave and sturdy warriors and the cunning thieves of Hyboria can make both gold and infamy for themselves. Luxury and legend are what these brigands seek and you and your companions are such like roguish devils.

You are a rogue brigand in a party of scoundrels seeking treasure by raiding desert caravans.

Nov 1, 2022 10:02 pm
The glitter of a thousand thousand grains of sand is like that of gold to those who would travel the routes of the caravanserai in pursuit of the treasures borne by endless camels and horses. Behind each rock a cutthroat lurks willing and able to take by force precious cargo that crosses the deserts of Turan from Khitai. The merchants are no fools. They arm themselves well and hold close to themselves their keys and guards. Still despite these steeled teeth and the speared claws of their defences, the soft underbelly of fortune awaits any who would risk themselves to get it. Brave and sturdy warriors and the cunning thieves of Hyboria can make both gold and infamy for themselves. Luxury and legend are what these brigands seek and you and your companions are such like roguish devils.

https://i.ibb.co/Dfh4dWz/DA7-AD7-D7-760-E-4963-B5-D0-3580-EBCC009-F.jpg

The Game
You are a rogue brigand in a party of scoundrels seeking treasure by raiding desert caravans.

The System
Conan 2d20

Character Creation
Standard entry level characters from core book only.
Please use the character sheet found here.
Many thank you again to Qralloq

How many players and characters?
5-6 players and 1 character each.

How many times for posting?
2-3 per week.

Content warning
This is an adventure where characters are brigands and thieves. There will be robbing and violence.

Other notes
This will be my first GM ever! I am learning the game and how to do it and so please be patient and I hope we can have fun.

Thank you for reading!
Last edited November 1, 2022 10:02 pm
Nov 1, 2022 10:07 pm
I absolutely adore Conan would love to throw my name in the hat! I've played around with the character generation a bit. I also have access to the core rulebook.

While I haven't played the system, I'm a quick study and a reliable player.
Nov 1, 2022 10:26 pm
cowleyc says:
I absolutely adore Conan would love to throw my name in the hat! I've played around with the character generation a bit. I also have access to the core rulebook.

Thank you! I would love to hear your character idea.
Nov 1, 2022 11:32 pm
Love that you're running this, LauraChiGio. I'm in a ton of games, and would hate to rob another player of an opportunity to experience Conan 2d20. However, if you need an extra player, I'm more than excited to play. I also have the core book (and many of the others).
Nov 1, 2022 11:41 pm
LauraChiGio says:
cowleyc says:

Thank you! I would love to hear your character idea.
I have a few, such as a Turan Pirate or a Kharan Scoundrel, but I'm also interested in seeing how a random character turns out. Someone who doesn't break the mold, but isn't just some cookie-cutter thief.
Nov 2, 2022 12:51 am
I picked up the core book recently, but haven't had a chance yet to delve too deeply into it. I would be interested in this, if you don't mind yet another newbie.
Nov 2, 2022 1:10 am
Qralloq says:
Love that you're running this, LauraChiGio. I'm in a ton of games, and would hate to rob another player of an opportunity to experience Conan 2d20. However, if you need an extra player, I'm more than excited to play. I also have the core book (and many of the others).
Thank you for all the help and if you would like to play, there will be a place.
Ellithar says:
I picked up the core book recently, but haven't had a chance yet to delve too deeply into it. I would be interested in this, if you don't mind yet another newbie.
All newbie together! 😂
Nov 2, 2022 7:40 am
I would love to play the silent protagonist and I'm pretty sure a Cimmerian is perfect for that.
Nov 2, 2022 8:51 am
Would love to throw my hat in the ring. I'm pretty new to the 2d20 systems. Played one one-shot of Fallout once (and I know there's some differences) but would love to learn the system better. Will think a little of a character concept.
Nov 2, 2022 11:36 am
I am laying up in recovery still having personal challenges but I have wanted to play a Conan game for a long time. I'm afraid this one will have to miss me but I just want to encourage you to have a great time.
Nov 2, 2022 12:18 pm
Thank you. I have made a discord as well:

https://discord.gg/bNCq4KAV
Nov 2, 2022 12:19 pm
So my question for those who wish to play is do you prefer more simulationist or story driven?
Nov 2, 2022 9:33 pm
I think I'm much more interested in a story-driven game, but there's something to be said about a DM running what they're more comfortable with!
Nov 3, 2022 9:22 am
Please post here link to your game when it will be active - assuming it will be public, and I hope it will - I would really like to observe how the 2d20 systems work, always wanted to try it. Would be willing to play with you, but I have no time for another game right now unfortunately.
Nov 3, 2022 9:27 pm
I'm a big fan of simulation leading into story. You know advancement is important especially in play by post. I've been in over 1000 games and can count on one hand the number of times we leveled up
Nov 3, 2022 10:24 pm
Jomsviking says:
I'm a big fan of simulation leading into story. You know advancement is important especially in play by post. I've been in over 1000 games and can count on one hand the number of times we leveled up
I have been thinking similar about simulation into story myself. I thought with such a big rich world players might like to explore much more and achieve than do more linear experience. But I have ideas for both so I am happy with whatever the group likes best.
Nov 16, 2022 10:59 am
Pedrop says:
Please post here link to your game when it will be active - assuming it will be public, and I hope it will - I would really like to observe how the 2d20 systems work, always wanted to try it. Would be willing to play with you, but I have no time for another game right now unfortunately.
It is public. I also want to say I have a thread for me explaining my gm actions too. So it can help especially when I do wrong things.
Dec 27, 2022 5:53 am
Hello I am new to this forum as well as the 2d20 system. But I love Conan and would be excited to have the opportunity to join this game. Is there still space?
Dec 27, 2022 2:55 pm
Ugh, personal dliemma between wanting to play this Conan system, and trying to free up time to run some new games :( All the best for this game!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.