GenCon 2016

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 14, 2016 10:25 pm
GenCon is around the corner, so I thought I'd put some stuff together. First, my schedule, in case you missed it in the 2016 Cons thread.

RPG1684530 - Rolling Thunder (Legend of the Five Rings 4th ed) Thurs 2PM - 6PM
RPG1692464 - Pack of Malls (Rolemaster, Pulp) Thurs 8PM - 12AM
RPG1696582 - Murder on the Hellstrome Express (Deadlands Classic) Fri 2PM - 6PM
RPG1686354 - Titansgrave: Secrets of Nestora (Fantasy Age 1st ed) Fri 8PM - 10PM (no idea how they'll do a game in 2 hours)
MetaArcade & Flying Buffalo Sat 11Am
Super Dungeon Tactics Sat 1PM
Mythic Battles: Pantheon Sat 2PM - 3PM
Syrinscape Sun 10AM
Numanera with Monte Cook - Sun 12PM-4PM

Given previous discussions, I invite anyone in the area to a meetup, Friday at 10:30 PM, location TBD, specially as I don't know the area. Maybe a bar or the likes? I won't be drinking much, as I have a very important meeting the next morning, which I hope to be able to tell you all about right after. I may also have an interview or two scheduled through the weekend.

If you will be there (whether you can make the meetup or not) and want to meet up, grab a bite, whatever, lemme know! If you know someone I should talk to, lemme know! If you're secretly a famous superstar who can help me get GP some attention... why aren't you doing that already?!

Also, if you're going to be there and are looking for some awesome RPG cases or dice towers, remember that Dog Might has a discount for GP members!

I plan on doing write-ups of everything I do at GenCon, from the games I play in (by system) to the places I go to eat, and of course, the people I talk to and games I see. Anyone else who's going: I encourage you to do the same. I will also have some spare GP shirts (I'll get the sizes when I'm home), and business cards, if you want to grab some from me to help promote.

All in all, I'm super nervous, but excited. I'm running my first con game at GenCon, I'm going to be meeting a host of random strangers. Exciting!
Jul 14, 2016 10:56 pm
I might be able to make a meet up that late on Friday! Even for a drink or a quick hello.

Also, I'll be at this (Free, No Ticket Required), open-gaming for charity event on Thursday night: https://www.facebook.com/events/137226093347636/

If I get it done in time, there will even be an AR-driven escape room-inspired game I'm designing specifically for the event. I'm hard to miss, should have pink hair.
Last edited July 14, 2016 10:56 pm
Jul 14, 2016 10:59 pm
Candi says:
I might be able to make a meet up that late on Friday! Even for a drink or a quick hello.

Also, I'll be at this (Free, No Ticket Required), open-gaming for charity event on Thursday night: https://www.facebook.com/events/137226093347636/

If I get it done in time, there will even be an AR-driven escape room-inspired game I'm designing specifically for the event. I'm hard to miss, should have pink hair.
That may be worth me skipping Rolemaster for... Or grab the quickest dinner ever and come for an hour (I'm guessing its not far from the con center).
Jul 14, 2016 11:40 pm
I don't know how far it is from the convention center, I do know there will be giant Jenga Dread though (and whose knows what else - all open-gaming; probably tons of board games, but certainly a few RPGs here and there).
Jul 18, 2016 5:16 pm
GenCon 2 weeks out bump! We have now 3 people (including me) showing up at the GenCon meetup!

Also, I overscheduled stuff! I NEED TIME TO VISIT BOOTHS! I may end up skipping games to go boothing.
Jul 19, 2016 1:00 pm
I ordered new business cards last night, so they should be here by GenCon. If you're willing to talk GP up a bit with other gamers, meet up with me before and pick up some!
Jul 19, 2016 3:12 pm
Are you going to be in Wednesday? Also do you got early access to the dealer's hall?
Jul 19, 2016 3:22 pm
I don't know if I have early access, so I'm guessing not? And yes, I'll be in Wednesday, landing at 640ish, so should be into the hotel and settled by 8? Look for dinner?
Jul 19, 2016 4:17 pm
1700 I think I'll be at The Stink than a game till 2200. PM'd my number to you hit me up before I pass out for the night, Imma start early Thursday again this year.
Last edited July 19, 2016 4:20 pm
Jul 26, 2016 4:36 pm
Has anyone played Mutants and Masterminds? I'm considering skipping it so I can do the expo hall from Thursday morning (get in early!). It's either that or skip Axon Punk Friday morning, which may be possible if they'll be at AcadeCon again...
Aug 2, 2016 5:03 pm
A reminder, GenCon starts tomorrow! If you want to hang out or just meet up, tweet at me or post here; I'll do my best to keep a watch as much as I can. I also still don't have anything to do after 6 on Saturday, so hit me up if you wanna game. And Friday night, I'll tweet out a bar or something we can meet up at and have a mini-GP meetup!
Aug 5, 2016 12:34 am
Anyone who's here have suggestions on where to meet up tomorrow? I still don't have a lay of the land.
Aug 5, 2016 9:55 pm
Ok, at about 10:45, anyone who wants can join me at The House under Union Station, 2 blocks from the convention center.
Aug 6, 2016 2:08 pm
Got a chance to hit up gen con today. What's good to see here?
Aug 8, 2016 2:53 pm
Well it's after the fact but everything.
Saturday had the Cosplay Contest & Parade.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.