[Interest?] As stillness settles stone (MAZE RATS)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedMaze RatsPrivate5 / weektibbius
Dwarfs. Ghosts. Stone golems. Echoing deeps. A treasure better left where it is. But you won't ...

Rules: Maze Rats.
tibbius says:
It's deep winter, when the Longbeard Falls are frozen solid enough to permit the treacherous traverse by axe and toepick that has enabled you to approach the Gates of Ghostal. Once the dwarf stronghold had another name, but now it is called Ghostal. In its depths, in the treasury, lies a fabled talisman called Eightstrong. It's said that the spell in Eightstrong is bound with the health of eight sturdy dwarf warriors. The nature of the spell has been forgot, but surely it must have been worth the lives of such fine dwarfs.

You have crossed the Longbeard at peril, gotten your boots onto firm rock again, and ascended the steps to the Gates. The cavern opening looms above you as you ready your lanterns. Night approaches, and you are about to enter deeper darkness still.

Why do you want to retrieve Eightstrong?

Dec 9, 2022 12:18 am
Hi. Some of you have played with me before. Here's your chance to do so more. Those who haven't, here's your chance at a first time.

Based on a typo that @psybermagi made, in an excellent Tiny Dungeons game that they are running right now, I want to run a new adventure using Maze Rats. Things I'm thinking about: ghosts; dwarfs; stone golems; echoing deeps.

Any interest?
Dec 9, 2022 12:25 am
I know they say there is no such thing as "Bad Publicity" but being known as the typo guy on a PbP forum is not my idea of a good marketing campaign. But thanks for the "excellent Tiny Dungeons game" plug. 😊
Sounds interesting but I'm full up ATM so good luck 🤞 and have fun with my typo 😃
Dec 9, 2022 2:21 am
I'd be interested! I'm interested in Maze Rats, and I dig darker tones.
Dec 9, 2022 7:39 pm
@qralloq, @satanicpanic, we have two more players from Discord whom I am trying to lure here with candied words.
Dec 9, 2022 8:18 pm
Here's the intro:

It's deep winter, when the Longbeard Falls are frozen solid enough to permit the treacherous traverse by axe and toepick that has enabled you to approach the Gates of Ghostal. Once the dwarf stronghold had another name, but now it is called Ghostal. In its depths, in the treasury, lies a fabled talisman called Eightstrong. It's said that the spell in Eightstrong is bound with the health of eight sturdy dwarf warriors. The nature of the spell has been forgot, but surely it must have been worth the lives of such fine dwarfs.

You have crossed the Longbeard at peril, gotten your boots onto firm rock again, and ascended the steps to the Gates. The cavern opening looms above you as you ready your lanterns. Night approaches, and you are about to enter deeper darkness still.

Why do you want to retrieve Eightstrong?
Dec 10, 2022 2:02 am
I am strong keen and will channel my favourite melancholic dwarfs from Fighting Fantasy
Dec 11, 2022 12:01 am
Any special instructions on rolling up a character? Or should I just follow the standard Maze Rats character creation?
Dec 11, 2022 1:35 pm
SatanicPanic says:
Any special instructions on rolling up a character? Or should I just follow the standard Maze Rats character creation?
@satanicpanic just go standard rules.
Dec 11, 2022 1:39 pm
I should note, I'm going to do things a little creepier with magic than is the case in standard Maze Rats. If you would like to have a spell slot, here's the basic differences:

- if you have any "unbound" spell slots, you will hear one spell each time you dream.
- once you hear a spell in your dreams, you can choose before you awake whether you will bind it to a spell slot.
- for each spell that is bound into a slot, you bear an eldritch mark that is usually pretty obvious to those whom you encounter.
- you can bind a spell from a slot into a talisman, if you also bind at least one point of health along with the spell. The health can have belonged to anyone, not just you. Binding more health makes the talisman more durable.
- anyone who carries a talisman also bears its mark, and can cast its spell.
- a spell bound to a slot or talisman can be cast once per day.
Dec 14, 2022 1:22 pm
100% interested, looked into it and bought it. Love the concept of the game itself.
Dec 14, 2022 2:04 pm
Eyes says:
100% interested, looked into it and bought it. Love the concept of the game itself.
Hi @eyes - everyone's on the threshold of the dungeon, if you're quick about it you can jump in with a character as well. I'll invite you to the game.

Recruiting now is CLOSED.
Last edited December 14, 2022 2:04 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.