Star Wars FFG [Interest Check] Edge of The Empire

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedStar Wars FFGPrivate4 / weekcrazybirdman
This will be a Star Wars FFG RPG mostly focused on Edge of the Empire. Players will be down on their luck, broke or in debt, struggling, just starting to try and make a name for themselves (But there's no where to go but up right?!).

Set just after the destruction of the first Death Star, player characters will know of the conflict between the Empire and the Rebels, but are most likely trying to stay out of it. (The game won't touch canon much, but if it does you'll probably break it, 🤣 and that's fine, we'll roll with it) The game should be pretty open/sandbox. GM will throw out suggestions for sure, but PC's can do what they want.

Feb 3, 2023 7:39 am
Hello all, just checking in to see if there is enough interest to (possibly) start to start up a new Star Wars game.
If you are interested, can you please chime in with which core book you're most interested in*, and what era you'd like to play in, that would be great.

Then I can mull it over and see if I want to try and get into GM heaven

*Edge of the Empire - scoundrels trying to scrape by
Age of Rebellion - grab a blaster and help in the galactic conflict
Force and Destiny - Use the Force to be a force gor good
Last edited February 10, 2023 8:14 pm
Feb 3, 2023 9:10 am
I've never done a Star Wars RPG, but I'd love to give Edge of the Empire a go. I've always seen myself as scum, living on the fringes of society :-)
Feb 3, 2023 10:38 am
Edge of the Empire has my vote always wanted to be a gun runner in the star wars universe
Feb 3, 2023 11:57 am
Would like to play a real force user, so Force and Destiny would be my pick.
Era would be the old republic
Feb 3, 2023 2:15 pm
Ever since rewatching Andor I’ve been itching to play some SWRPG again. EotE would be my pick or maybe thieves/smugglers working during Age of Rebellion. But, honestly any Era would fun.
Feb 3, 2023 7:12 pm
Would be interested in any era, and my preferred concept would be one of a failed/force-user-in-hiding if it's during the empire. :) Never had a chance to really run a force user, so would like to.
Feb 4, 2023 12:41 am
I'd be up for a new game of SWRPG.

I would be interested in Force and Destiny, because I haven't played a force user yet. I think such a game would be fun in the post-order 66 / Kenobi TV-series era.

After that, AoR vs EotE would be a toss-up. I'd enjoy either one.
Feb 4, 2023 2:36 am
Well if everyone wants to play a wandering Mystic I'm also down for that.
Feb 4, 2023 5:06 am
Just a quick pitch since quite a few would like to play force users. Last year I played a Force and Destiny-based game that was set in the High Republic era and that was SUPER fun and interesting. It would make the most sense if there were multiple people that want to play force users and you could do some cool stuff with a hidden darkness brewing and so on! I played a thief that was picked up by the Jedi and started from a padawan up to a Knight. Didn’t get to finish due to life but it was such a good time. Would love to throw my hat in whenever the game starts but if I miss it, I hope you all have fun!
Feb 4, 2023 11:56 am
I'd like to join in. Any sourcebook and era works for me.
Feb 4, 2023 2:33 pm
Wow, that's a lot of interest! I would be interested in trying out Force and Destiny as well.
Feb 5, 2023 4:37 pm
Force And Destiny or Age of Rebellion would be a lot of fun to play. I've played Edge of the Empire and would love to delve into something different.
Feb 5, 2023 7:38 pm
I would be interested as well. As far as book selection goes I have a soft spot for Age of Rebellion, but I could see myself playing in any of them.
Feb 7, 2023 7:43 pm
Alrighty, I think what I'll do is get an Edge of the Empire game going, then when that get's going and everything is running smoothly, I'll start a Force and Destiny game. It'll be a while, but I'll get it done.
Feb 7, 2023 11:29 pm
I'm in for any of it, though I would lean toward Edge/Age. I enjoy all of SW, but it's nice to get away from the space wizards now and then. Really enjoying all aspects of Andor, and I feel like it well captures both the underworld and the Rebellion aspect.
Feb 8, 2023 7:32 am
Excellent! Thanks crazybirdman
Feb 8, 2023 7:38 am
crazybirdman says:
Alrighty, I think what I'll do is get an Edge of the Empire game going, then when that get's going and everything is running smoothly, I'll start a Force and Destiny game. It'll be a while, but I'll get it done.
Thank you. As I am interested in a jedi mystery game, then this will not be for me. Hope you guys have a good game
Feb 8, 2023 3:09 pm
Wow, you got a a ton of interest crazybirdman! I'm excited to play in an Edge game BUT if there is more momentum for a Jedi focused game I'm fine with bowing out. I've sort of been playing with the idea of running a Star Wars Scum and Villiany game so I could focus on that to scratch the SW smuggler itch.
Mar 1, 2023 2:21 am
RogertheShrubber says:
Wow, you got a a ton of interest crazybirdman! I'm excited to play in an Edge game BUT if there is more momentum for a Jedi focused game I'm fine with bowing out. I've sort of been playing with the idea of running a Star Wars Scum and Villiany game so I could focus on that to scratch the SW smuggler itch.
Is FFG tough to pick up? I've never played but have always had interest. I'm a massive Star Wars nerd and i feel that i need to try this to fulfill my destiny.
Mar 1, 2023 3:59 am
Short answer, it's easy to pick up, but the narrative nature can slow the game down a bit, especially on pbp.
I think I've got a good number of players now, but I can add you too the reserve roster if a spot opens up.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.