At Arms Accent Into Arcadia [D&D 5e] [CLOSED]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 7, 2023 8:53 pm
Character Creation
Races Anything!!

Classes & Level
Classes while technically anything is an option I will not pick more than 1 person playing an Artificer if any so if you want to play an Artificer make sure you have an extra good pitch.

We will be starting at level 4 at level four you can pick either an Ability Score Improvement or Feat.

Background
Background while not super relevant in this game will still effect gameplay if you put work into it, and I love when people put qork into their backstory however because of how little it will effect gameplay (you won't be seeing people you know unless their people who died) if you want to just go with a stereotype eg pirate that works too.

Equipment
Regular Starting Equipment Plus 100gp which can be used to buy things at Phb Value.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Mountain_Range_Banner.jpg
Planer Rules

Legal Issues
In many places it is Illegal for people to carry weapons or sometimes anything that has the capacity to kill.

Predictability
Some things can be anticipated you have a twenty side dice, whenever you toll you can instead choose to use a fixed result from the table once used you must use the rest of the table before the table resets (20s and 1s are not special when using the table instead of rolling)

[table="grid"]1[_=0/1]|2[_=0/1]|3[_=0/1]|4[_=0/1]|5[_=0/1]|
6[_=0/1]|7[_=0/1]|8[_=0/1]|9[_=0/1]|10[_=0/1]|
11[_=0/1]|12[_=0/1]|13[_=0/1]|14[_=0/1]|15[_=0/1]|
16[_=0/1]|17[_=0/1]|18[_=0/1]|19[_=0/1]|20[_=0/1]|[/table]

Because Their Was Not Enough Interest For This Game It Was Closed.
Last edited February 17, 2023 11:07 am
Feb 7, 2023 9:35 pm
Earmarking a spot, but I'll have to put a concept together tonight once I'm off work.
Feb 7, 2023 10:39 pm
I've got a Yuan Ti Pureblood bard ready and rearing to go!
Feb 8, 2023 2:09 am
I"m interested but having a touch difficulty understanding what the goal for the party is.
Feb 8, 2023 1:24 pm
Alright... I think I want to try my idea for a human Storm Tempest Cleric/Wizard. Chaotic Good. That chaotic bent reflecting his link to storms, but still generally looking to do good for those who need it. Which is why he's willing to help repell the attackers. Ihaven't fleshed him out too much yet, but that's the core concept.

If any god is allowable, Thor is the easy choice. Chaotic Good, God of Thunder, etc. etc.

If we need more D&D specific Gods, then Aerdrie Faenya. Also Chaotic Good, covers storms.
Last edited February 8, 2023 2:35 pm
Feb 8, 2023 7:54 pm
MaJunior says:

If any god is allowable, Thor is the easy choice. Chaotic Good, God of Thunder, etc. etc.

If we need more D&D specific Gods, then Aerdrie Faenya. Also Chaotic Good, covers storms.
Your Characters Can follow any god, though I'll say only a select few will show up physically as those few are Native to the plane and fit the specific breed of Lawful good this world is based around.
Feb 8, 2023 7:57 pm
GeneCortess says:
I"m interested but having a touch difficulty understanding what the goal for the party is.
I address this exact question in my description.
Last edited February 8, 2023 8:01 pm
Feb 8, 2023 8:43 pm
I believe a fighter/rogue would be a good fit. That is my choice and half-elven.
Feb 8, 2023 9:22 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:

Your Characters Can follow any god, though I'll say only a select few will show up physically as those few are Native to the plane and fit the specific breed of Lawful good this world is based around.
Sounds good. I'll go with Thor. I just figured I'd pitch options since I wasn't sure if we were sticking to a particular pantheon or anything. The plane doesn't seem like anywhere my God would show up in person to, though. Which is fine.
Feb 8, 2023 9:58 pm
I'm afraid I will not qualify because I have a very narrow vision of the plane you have described based on a lot of assumptions:
The plane fore invasion - any human would find the place optimized and totally boring: routine time passing, impersonal constructions, just as if computer-optimized land layout, even hills are all same shaped.
Then mortals found ways to get into this world just as computer virus (worm) get into the computer breaking through and then overriding it's defined restrictions.
Now the citizens are trying to overwhelm invaders with protective constructs hide behind walls. But the only reason why citizens are still able to coexist with invaders are the resources invaders are able to steal from them. Citizens have became their slaves in a way.
Feb 9, 2023 7:12 pm
@KoldikSteelskin is it a type or I'm missing what's "This Plane" is?
Quote:
This Plane is in the place of Arcadia (Lawful Lawful Evil)
Anyhow, assuming story is about plan that used to be Good, divine resourceful and it's residents have recently invested into defending against invaders rather than fighting them
https://i.imgur.com/gHR6vOe.jpg

I would find it interesting to play human (who else would dare to think they are to save the gods?) wizard of School of Divination (to fit the context).
[ +- ] My less than 100 word concept
Feb 9, 2023 7:32 pm
GreyWord says:
@KoldikSteelskin is it a type or I'm missing what's "This Plane" is?
Quote:
This Plane is in the place of Arcadia (Lawful Lawful Evil)
I can't believe I did that it's supposed to be Lawful Lawful Good meaning good but with more of a sway towards Law...
Feb 11, 2023 2:09 pm
Einar Thorstein is conceptually fleshed out a bit now.
[ +- ] Character Submission.
Feb 11, 2023 5:17 pm
I must say Lawful Lawful Good does sound better :)
Feb 13, 2023 1:46 am
Looks like I'll have to drop out of this one, KoldikSteelskin. Life's a bit too hectic right now to responsibly take on another game.
Enjoy storming Heaven, everyone!
Feb 13, 2023 11:12 am
Ok I have two players that seem Interested at the moment, and one That I'm not sure about, if there's any more Interest then I'll Invite people Into the game and get it running if not then...

We I'll admit I'm surprised but it seems that D&D 5e has lost it's abundance of players from all the OGL stuff and that's OK too I'll just need to figure out what system I need to learn that a bunch of people will be playing.
Feb 13, 2023 3:09 pm
Hi there!

I'm new to these forums and would be interested in this game. I hadn't applied/said anything because it seemed like the recruitment thread had been running a long time already when I joined the forum and I didn't want to horn in on something ongoing, but if you are still looking for players I can catch up and join if there's a spot.

My experience is mostly Path and earlier DND, but I've run & played a few 5th Ed games.
Feb 13, 2023 4:00 pm
Alordis says:
Hi there!

I'm new to these forums and would be interested in this game. I hadn't applied/said anything because it seemed like the recruitment thread had been running a long time already when I joined the forum and I didn't want to horn in on something ongoing, but if you are still looking for players I can catch up and join if there's a spot.

My experience is mostly Path and earlier DND, but I've run & played a few 5th Ed games.
Yeah there's still spaces as the game itself hasn't actually started yet, not sure if there will be enough interest to start the game but if there is I'll let you know.
Feb 13, 2023 5:19 pm
Hey Koldiksteelskin! Thanks for offering to DM a new adventure. :)
KoldikSteelskin says:
We I'll admit I'm surprised but it seems that D&D 5e has lost it's abundance of players from all the OGL stuff and that's OK too I'll just need to figure out what system I need to learn that a bunch of people will be playing.
I don`t think it is because of 5E, but you offer something very extraordinary. Which is fine, but not for everybody in my opinion.
If it would be a something more classic, in my opinion there would be more interested people.

5E is still completely up my ally, but I am still hoping that someone starts a Dragonlance campain and will keep a spot for that. ;)
Feb 13, 2023 11:40 pm
I'll play, but, I can't promise to post more than twice a day. Hill Dwarf Druid brought to this plane directly from a Fey prison where he has been mentally planning death to the fey for 60 to 70 years. The mental torture has made him very strong willed and irrationally vengeful. Chaotic Good but slips into chaotic evil around the Fey.

What's the world like?
Politicians making laws and arguing over them while safely cacooned away from the hash reality they are inflicting on others.
https://i.imgur.com/ffBC8N9m.jpg
Last edited February 13, 2023 11:40 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.