Rogue Trader: The Eyes of Kadmon (Closed)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 17, 2023 1:52 pm
A recruitment thread for Rogue Trader. Okay, so here we go! (Forgive me if I'm doing something wrong, I'm kinda jumping head first into this)
The game system - FFG’s Rogue Trader

The pitch -

The Narrative Side -
Quote:
My good rogue trader (and crew),

As everyone knows, the Damocles Gulf is a sector of imperial space where everything seems to happen at once. One of the potential reasons comes in the form of the strife the region suffers at the hands of the Tau, the Greenskins and, of course, the invading swarm of the tyranids. That’s not to say there aren’t other extraneous factors beyond those aforementioned.

What many scholars fail to entertain when partaking in the study of the sector is the impact of imperial life, both on said external factors and within. It is through the exploration of this subject that I find myself writing to you. It took me a considerable deal of time to put pen to paper to express my thoughts, but I simply must know.

For those of you reading this letter of more historial pursuits, you may know of the Eyes of Kadmon and the sketchy details surrounding them. For those that don’t, I shall endeavour to go into more elucidating detail.

These jewels, or so I believe them to be from my studies, are said to originate from the time where the Emperor, long may he guide us, and his sons ruled the galaxy. The history as we know it tells us that they were capable of illuminating great knowledge to us, at the price of brittle sanity. They are the key to our, that is to say, mankind’s story.

Only they went missing. Their last known location had been in the position of the honourable Lord DeMeir, third heir to the governorship of planet Heirachan, and son of House Sessen. His own documents suggest he revered them as his prize possessions, until he was brutally murdered at the hands of his daughter for reasons unknown to the arbites.

From there they changed hands a number of times, until they fell into the paws of Lord Inquisitor Heironomous Stopt, of the Ordo Originatus (formerly Hereticus), until his own mysterious disappearance during transit back to imperial territories.

So, I assume you can surmise why I am writing to you and what form my request will take? In case you cannot, I will write it plainly.

Find me those eyes, by any means necessary, and you will be rewarded more handsomely than a governor's daughter on the eve of her wedding.

Sincerely,
The lord chronicler, Ser Bartholomew Castellan Gross
The crunch side -

As you might’ve guessed, we’re in the Damocles Gulf. We’re going to be skirting the fine line between imperial space. Expect to run across Tau, Kroot, Orks and Cultists (Chaos or Tyranids). The particular system we’re treating as our local is an area used by the inquisition as "controlled destruction." An area to keep all its dirty secrets in so that they can focus on the encroaching tyranids.

We won’t be meeting any canon characters, though we may run across the odd Valhallan Guardsman or so on. Because our locale is so backwater we have a lot to play around with world building wise, so I’m happy to play around with ideas you bring to the, metaphorical, table.

As for the structure of my campaigns; I like to give an overall "this big plot" but keep the world episode and sandboxy so that I can let my player’s drive and hone in on what they’re looking for.

If that sounds like something you’re interested in, then let me know!

Adult content / Controversial Themes - Warhammer 40k doesn’t shy away from its share of dark themes, and I like to weave the world as the setting deserves, but I prefer not to dwell on anything graphic even if I make reference to it. That said, if anything under the umbrella of war, oppression and suffering is a bridge too far I’m happy to cut it.

Character Restrictions - Given the area of the imperium (and just beyond) we’ll be pinballing around, I think most things are on the table. Within reason. Preferably try not to play anything puritanical, and if you want to play a xenos please run it by me first (you’ll be doing it in apps anyway) but otherwise creativity is your friend.

Duration and Post Frequency - Ideally I’m going to aim for 1 post every 2 days (hopefully 1 every day) but I’m starting a new job soon so I may be slower initially as I settle into a rhythm. I have a motto of "real life comes first" so as long as you keep in touch, 1 every 2 days is fine.

Player Experience - Happy for new or experienced players. The system can be a little hard to get the hang of, but we’re all here to try new things.

How to apply - Pm some character concepts my way, and I’ll see where you fit into a group. It’s best everyone has something to put in, and something to take out.

Welcome Marginalised Groups - The beautiful thing about the imperium is it doesn’t really care about your skin colour or if you’re LGBT+, as long as you’re not a daemon anything goes.
Last edited March 9, 2023 9:12 pm
Feb 17, 2023 2:08 pm
Here we go! I'll think on some concepts and PM them to you!
Feb 17, 2023 2:20 pm
I'm definitely down to play some Rogue Trader. I was one of the original playtesters for the game before it came out; my name is in the credits for the book somewhere. I'll think about a concept and send it your way.
Last edited February 17, 2023 3:09 pm
Feb 17, 2023 2:59 pm
I would also be interested. I have zero experience with the Rogue Trader system but am familiar with 40k lore a bit.
Will think of a concept and send it your way :D
Feb 17, 2023 3:44 pm
I'm interested!
Feb 22, 2023 10:25 am
A quick bump here because we could still use a fifth player, and a rogue trader!
Feb 27, 2023 9:23 am
We could still do with another player if anyone's interested?
Feb 27, 2023 7:12 pm
I've been following this and have wanted to try the game for awhile, but I don't know the lore enough to pull off the Rogue Trader role. I have a bunch of the books from a bundle some time ago.

I've give it a solid go, if you're okay with that.
Mar 6, 2023 11:04 pm
Hey! Room for one more? I've run a fair amount of RT, so I have a really good grasp on the setting (used a different system, so I know the mechanics fairly well but not as much as my setting knowledge).

What roles are still required?
Last edited March 6, 2023 11:13 pm
Mar 6, 2023 11:48 pm
We’re still looking for an explorator, seneschal, Navi and Astropath. Might need to wait a bit before I can send an invite, so plenty of time to think. Feel free to send any questions over!
Last edited March 6, 2023 11:48 pm
Mar 7, 2023 12:12 am
Ah, all of those are good options! I will mull it over and send some concepts over ASAP.
Mar 7, 2023 11:10 am
I think I will go for a Seneschal - an ex-Hive ganger made good, now a planner and plotter for the Dynasty.
Mar 9, 2023 8:25 pm
I'm game if there room for me?
Mar 9, 2023 8:41 pm
We could do with a Explorator, navi or astropath?
Mar 9, 2023 9:00 pm
explorator sounds good to me.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.