[CLOSED] One-shot level six 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic3 / weekmeseszovo
D&D 5e level 6 characters in a seaside village are sipping their beers / wines / spring water / nectars peacefully when a weird storm hits the area. Soon it becomes so dangerous that staying is not feasible. So, with the storm raging and several families in tow, it's an escape the area game, which ends when the characters are in safety.

There will be encounters when the PCs should run or die, ones when they can realistically win if they play smart, and ones that seem simple but some extra things can be gained by being smart. I won't try to kill the team, but won't make an effort to save them, either. PC death can happen, but I won't let it happen simply because of some random rolls. Knowledge and survival skills are going to be just as important as combat efficiency.

I won't need a very detailed character history for a one-shot game where PC death is a realistic thing, but I'd like enough description so that everyone can get a feel of each PC as a person and relate to them in roleplaying.

Feb 20, 2023 12:15 pm
My lofty and weird earlier ideas gone, here's my latest one.

Who is interested?

Eh, I always forget:
- all WotC books are valid (PHB, DMG, Volo's, Tasha's, Mord's, Xan's, Sword Coast, Elemental Evil, Eberron, the free Planeshift books, no playtest material or homebrew), multiclassing allowed, 27 point-buy, no psychopath PCs, starting gear +1500 GP.
- up to 5 players
- 3 posts / week
Last edited February 24, 2023 10:45 am
Feb 20, 2023 12:48 pm
me please. female, wood elf, kensei monk, LG, noble background. has katana.
Feb 20, 2023 1:22 pm
I'd be interested!
Feb 20, 2023 2:25 pm
Welcome,

And please note that I've expanded the source list.
Feb 20, 2023 3:51 pm
Morlaf says:
me please. female, wood elf, kensei monk, LG, noble background. has katana.
and longbow
Feb 20, 2023 4:03 pm
I'd be interested. A survival game sounds interesting!

One quick question... are we trying to evacuate the whole town, or just ourselves and those that matter to us?
Feb 20, 2023 4:19 pm
Sounds good to me. I am interested and would probably be a paladin. :)

Can we spend money on magic items?
Feb 20, 2023 6:13 pm
Quote:
are we trying to evacuate the whole town, or just ourselves and those that matter to us?
That's up to you, both as a team and individually. One exciting side of this for me will be watching how much the characters risk for optional achievement, such helping those families that want to leave as well. IMPORTANT: I do not want to push anyone either way. A survivor who won't risk her/his own life for others is just as welcome as a selfless hero.
Quote:
Can we spend money on magic items?
Yes, you can.

I'll put together the game, then, based on the amount of interest.
Feb 20, 2023 7:02 pm
I'd like to join this game. Is multi-tasking allowed?
Feb 20, 2023 7:09 pm
Well, my mind is too simple for multitasking, but if you can do it, you are allowed to. :)

Is that a feat?

EDIT:
I increased the amount of extra starting gold to 1500
Last edited February 20, 2023 7:15 pm
Feb 20, 2023 7:34 pm
Sorry I didn't notice my message got auto corrected. I meant is Multi-classings allowed lol
Feb 20, 2023 8:04 pm
:)

Multiclassing is fine.
Feb 22, 2023 8:43 pm
Hi there.
I would love to join if you still have space.
I am brand new to play by post, but very eager to get involved.
Just to keep it simple while I get the hang of things, I would like to play a fighter.
But I'm open to suggestions if you feel that does not fit well into this scenario.
Feb 22, 2023 10:05 pm
Is there still room here. Thinking about a tabaxi artificer or wizard
Feb 23, 2023 1:11 am
Well, one slot was still open, so I invited Bob, sorry Darpavien. Since this is a one-shot game, when we finish, I might look for another group to play it -- if that happens, you are automatically accepted in that group.
Last edited February 24, 2023 7:45 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.