[recruitment] Duo Games Encampment

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenVariablePublic1 / weekmeseszovo
This is a place where I hope to gather people who like duo (1GM + 1player) games. I intend this to be a hub for discussing, planning, and playing one-on-one games.

The system, the charsheet, posting frequency, and every technical detail is just a placeholder.

Feb 24, 2023 7:47 pm
Come on and gather around the campfire, and enjoy the focus of single-player games.
Feb 24, 2023 10:34 pm
I'm a fan of duets (or duos; 1GM + 1 player). Tell me what you'd like to happen with this game/hub?
Feb 24, 2023 10:39 pm
I'm in the same boat as Q. I love them, but what's the advantage/use of this?
Feb 24, 2023 10:55 pm
For example, finding you two.

But the chassis for the hub working is two-fold:
- generally speaking, when like-minded people congregate, they find common ground more easily
- an important part of the hub is the ideas folder, where players can put their requests / wishes, because browsing that repository of duet ideas facilitates two potential players finding each other.

I saw this at another site, where it works wonderfully. People hop in, browse what others would like, contact each other, and a dozen games are running, and many dozens of earlier games show the high level of activity. Of course, a considerable amount of games fickle out, but when I looked around, more-player games don't fare better, either.
Last edited February 24, 2023 11:04 pm
Feb 24, 2023 11:17 pm
I've been fairly lucky with just the discord or Games Tavern, but I'll hop in and give it a shot. It's not a bad idea to have a specific place for people interested in the same thing
Feb 24, 2023 11:54 pm
Sounds interesting to me, too. I certainly find it easier to build a game I like around a specific request, rather than build a game I like and then hope to attract the right players.

Send me an invite, too, please.
Feb 25, 2023 1:38 am
But of course, the whole thing only works if there are a lot of people in it, so I thought I would start gathering them.
Last edited February 25, 2023 1:38 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.