[Recruitment]: Dark Streets & Darker Secrets

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

KCC

Apr 15, 2023 8:10 am
https://i.imgur.com/tHfmFAP.jpg
The streets of the city were always dangerous, as far as Sarah could remember. But now, after discovering the sinister truth behind reality, even her own shadow could give her the creeps…

What Is It?: Dark Streets & Darker Secrets is a Street & Sorcery Rules Light Roleplaying Game with an Old School spirit.

It’s a game about modern adventures in the world we live today, only with a layer of supernatural weirdness and horror. Characters are people who have found out about the mysteries and horrors that exist in the world and have decided to do something about it; be it battle it, join it, or simply explore its possibilities in any way they see fit.

You will battle evil cultists, corrupted ghosts, bloodsucking vampires, and frenzied werewolves, or maybe you will be the horrors of others.

Adult Themes & Content: By the game’s very design, I imagine that we won’t be shying away from the grim and the gruesome; both real life and supernatural.

Characters: Player Characters have had the world of darkness revealed to them. They are broken, bruised down on their luck oddballs with their backs against a wall. They are very, very human.

Game Length & Posting Expectations: I usually keep them nice and trim, if I can. If people are feeling it, we can run a bit longer. It does lend itself to an episodic format.

Posting is expected to be once a day if at all possible!

Who Can Play?: Anyone. Dark City is a place for everyone, and everything
Apr 15, 2023 8:16 am
That sounds pretty neat to me. I like this type of setting and I think I should be able to keep up with 1/day posting. Feel free to prioritize others over me if you get lots of applications, since I'm already in a lot of games, but I'm interested.
Apr 15, 2023 8:18 am
Reporting for duty (to be eaten by a monster).
Apr 15, 2023 9:12 am
It's be willing to give this a shot if you'll have me. It sounds up my alley.
Apr 15, 2023 9:34 am
Definitely interested, been finding myself liking modern fantasy + similar games recently. (And finding them easier to keep up with 1 a day posts)
Apr 15, 2023 1:36 pm
Just here to recommend KCC as a GM. Highly engaging, works hard, develops atmosphere. DS&DS is game that is easy to use, and the moody tone and setting will benefit greatly from his deft stewardship.
Apr 15, 2023 2:24 pm
I would be down to try this out. That said, much like Bowl I've got a good number of games, so others should probably be before me in the line.
Apr 16, 2023 1:43 am
I've got interest, though it looks like looks of hands are already in the air on this one.
Apr 16, 2023 9:30 pm
Interested, though I've never played or run (or even heard of) Dark Streets & Darker Secrets. If you have too many applicants, prioritize someone else over me, especially newcomers to the site, but if you find yourself with enough room, I'm in.

KCC

Apr 16, 2023 11:24 pm
Hey all,

I sent out invitations to several people! Sorry I couldn’t invite everyone, nor stretch to run two groups! Hope we can all play in the future!

I’ll keep the thread in case there’s space for someone to jump in later! ^^

You do not have permission to post in this thread.