General question really.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 14, 2023 1:02 am
I find myself wondering why its so difficult to feel motivated to do any play by post forum rps, but i suspect it has to do with ease of access compared to discord (which has shitty non-negotiable mandatory usage of phone numbers to verify accounts, and they lie when they say they will delete it. Its stuck there for any theives to snatch up and do illegal shit with), and Guilded, which is basically dead. For me, I don't like having to buy all these books for dnd editions, have to google alternate resources,etc, cause im also one of the poor folks and shit. How do I know all this stuff without having to buy dnd books i cant afford or dont use ebay for, and without having to look up a whole bunch of stuff before i can even begin? 2nd part, I noticed there is no option of "delete account". would I have to go email the site support for it?
Jul 14, 2023 1:03 am
Would go to amino, but that requires me to have a mobile phone/phone emulator, which i dont use as often either, telegram:same as Discord, needs a phone number.
Jul 14, 2023 1:19 am
It's mostly been my experience that GMs are often more than willing to provide enough of the character creation sections of games for a player to make a character or help a player with through the process if they don't have the TTRPG book. I've never actually seen a game start that required a player to have the game books.
Jul 14, 2023 1:32 am
witchdoctor says:
It's mostly been my experience that GMs are often more than willing to provide enough of the character creation sections of games for a player to make a character or help a player with through the process if they don't have the TTRPG book. I've never actually seen a game start that required a player to have the game books.
Fair enough, but at the same time, I hope i can just not mess up as often or fall into the pitfall of a gm stopping the game and just leaving. look at the tv tropes article on play by post rps lmao

You do not have permission to post in this thread.