Best adventure/module for Shadowrun? 3rd ed?

Jul 20, 2023 3:28 pm
As in subject.

1. What is - in your opinion - the best module/adventure for Shadowrun - any edition? And why?

2. And what is the best module that can be run on 3rd ed of Shadowrun rules? And why?
What I mean by that: this module should be dedicated for 3rd edition or conversion should be very, very easy.
Last edited July 20, 2023 4:00 pm
Jul 20, 2023 4:01 pm
Edited the title and text of the to include all editions and 3rd specifically.
Jul 20, 2023 4:43 pm
Renraku Arcology Shutdown

It's a meat grinder though, very easy to have multiple TPKs.

Best approach I ever saw personally was PCs were highly experienced. It was your excuse to play a character with all the chrome, all the spells, all the guns... just go wild. Very endgame level stuff.
Aug 1, 2023 11:44 am
Pedrop says:
As in subject.

1. What is - in your opinion - the best module/adventure for Shadowrun - any edition? And why?

2. And what is the best module that can be run on 3rd ed of Shadowrun rules? And why?
What I mean by that: this module should be dedicated for 3rd edition or conversion should be very, very easy.
Harlequin (1st edition) - This is a classic adventure that is often cited as one of the best Shadowrun modules ever written. It’s a complex adventure that involves a lot of investigation and roleplaying, and it has a great story that will keep players engaged from start to finish.
Last edited August 1, 2023 11:45 am
Aug 1, 2023 11:58 am
What was the reason for the Link inclusion, salmawisoky? It's spam.
Aug 1, 2023 12:05 pm
Not exactly a single adventure unto its own, but I had a great time running my players through Mob War! and then connecting that to a 3e conversion of the Tempo storyline from 4e (Shadow Cartels is the book, iirc?). If we're talking about classic format single adventures, I've likewise had a lot of fun running One Stage Before, something about getting involved in the music scene (plus the orc gangers) that really elevated the whole experience.
Aug 1, 2023 2:13 pm
witchdoctor says:
What was the reason for the Link inclusion, salmawisoky? It's spam.
Thanks for pointing it out, WD. I removed the link
Aug 3, 2023 6:25 am
Thanks for recommendations friends! Those really look interesting. Putting Shadowrun: Ghost Cartels, One Stage Before and Harlequin (1st edition) on my list to GM them here on GP someday… maybe will be able to experience them as player first, but highly unlikely :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.