How to split the group forum-wise

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 21, 2016 8:34 am
Hi all, I know that there are permissions in the administration panel but how can I assign players to read one subform but not another. For example Team A has Player A and can only read subforum A. But Team B has Player B and can only read subforum B. Is this possible?

Also does anyone know what groups are supposed to do?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!
Aug 21, 2016 3:12 pm
Yeah, permissions seems like the only way this would be doable. Are you asking how to set permissions? If so, when in your game's forum, you click on Administrative control Panel on the upper right. You select your sub forum and set permissions from there. Looks like you can also make new groups (I'll be honest, I haven't played with that option yet), so either it's an alternative way to do things or it allows you to set permissions quicker (like doing it by group instead of individual players?)... well, those are my best guesses, at least...
Aug 21, 2016 4:52 pm
Yes, to best allow a particular subset of your players access to a subforum, I'd recommend the following:

1) Add a group permission for the subforum for the main game group, denying read access. You can deny everything, but read means they won't be able to get to it, so the rest are moot anyway.
Either:
2a) Create a new group within the main forum for the game, add players to the group, then assign whatever permissions you want to that group in the subforum or
2b) Add individual players to each subforum, giving them individual rights

Either method will let you give only some players access to a subforum.
Aug 22, 2016 4:27 am
Thanks for the answers!!! Let me try and implement this.
Aug 22, 2016 11:51 am
Looks like I got it working. Thanks all!
Feb 17, 2017 1:04 am
Can I just check on this, if I create a subforum I intend to be private, I only need to "create" access for the characters using it, I don't need to create for others then deny access do I?
Feb 17, 2017 1:09 am
You do have to specify for all characters. Forum default is visible.

Easiest way to manage it is like Keleth mentioned up there: create an entry for the game (it's where the little drop down for the group is on the permissions part). Set the permissions for the group to NO on everything.

Then, create access only for the characters you want to have visibility.
Feb 17, 2017 3:05 am
I'll try to put together some ideas to improve this, and I'll put them up to get your feedbacks.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.