Sending a secret note to multiple players?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 22, 2016 4:35 am
I know Ican pass a note to one of my players. But can I send the same note to another one or several others? What I did for now was send two separate notes with the same content, but would be neat if you could specify multiple recipients. :-)
Last edited August 22, 2016 4:58 am
Aug 22, 2016 11:26 am
Just put multiple people users, separated by commas.
Aug 22, 2016 11:34 am
So [ note="user1, user2" ]? When I saveit the space I put after the comma has been removed.
Aug 22, 2016 12:17 pm
When you send a note, it parses the users you submit to make sure they're valid, removing invalid users. It standardizes it to be without spaces, but doesn't care if you put in spaces or not.
Aug 22, 2016 12:29 pm
Thanks again! :-)

Last question: dies the parser care about case sensitivity?
Aug 30, 2016 3:48 pm
As a player, if seen secret notes passed from my DM to others, but now that I'm DMing a game I can't figure it out. I must be blind or something because it's hard for me to find how to and/or help threads.
Aug 30, 2016 4:01 pm
Omenstar says:
As a player, if seen secret notes passed from my DM to others, but now that I'm DMing a game I can't figure it out. I must be blind or something because it's hard for me to find how to and/or help threads.
At the top of the text area there is a list of short code buttons; just to the left of OOC is note. You can also type it directly:

[ note = "user1;user2" ]note [ /note ]

Remove spaces.
Aug 30, 2016 5:12 pm
Separated by semicolons? I thought commas.
Aug 30, 2016 5:33 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Separated by semicolons? I thought commas.
Commas and semicolons both work.
Aug 30, 2016 8:49 pm
Keleth says:
Omenstar says:
At the top of the text area there is a list of short code buttons; just to the left of OOC is note. You can also type it directly:

[ note = "user1;user2" ]note [ /note ]

Remove spaces.
Awesome. Thanks!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.