Completed first GP game as GM :)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 12, 2024 1:15 pm
Thank you @SavageBob @Tickettbror @Jomsviking @ctme2000 @Mathfuric for joining me in playing the one-page Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-inspired "Secret Science Sewer Siblings"!

I've started four GP games as GM since joining last September (first ones I've ever tried running PbP). One I kinda burnt out on, two are still going, but the SSSS is the first one to properly finish.

I learned a lot running this game - about TTRPGs in general, and PbP specifically. I'm glad that one of the first games I tried running (i.e. this one) was so rules-light - for me that left more brain space for dealing with the new game medium (PbP) with less worry about calling the rules correctly and consistently.

Feels great to have brought the game to a satisfying conclusion, and have enjoyed the creativity and mayhem we created together! Looking forward to more fun TTRPG action on here with y'all :)
Feb 12, 2024 1:30 pm
Congrats, BeardHare and players!
Feb 12, 2024 1:51 pm
Great news! congrats on being able to see it through to the end!
Feb 12, 2024 1:53 pm
Thanks Beardhare for being a spectacular GM for us!
Feb 12, 2024 2:23 pm
Gratz to all of you! :D
Feb 12, 2024 2:26 pm
BeardHare did wonderfully! I was impressed by the insightful, empathetic experience the GM provided. The game was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I got to be a part of it.
Feb 12, 2024 3:04 pm
That's awesome, congrats! Especially how you've made your newer PbP experience great for your players.
Feb 12, 2024 3:48 pm
Congrats 🎉 That's great to hear!
Feb 12, 2024 4:50 pm
Well done, Beardhare! Here's to many more! 🎉🍾
Feb 12, 2024 11:27 pm
Anyone who can tolerate and roll with my zaniness gets a big props from me.

You the real MVP @BeardHare
Feb 13, 2024 12:58 am
Congrats! It's quite a milestone in a GM's career.
Feb 13, 2024 3:55 am
I was sorry I missed that one, love me SOME TURTLES. I look forward to playing in one of your games some time.
Feb 13, 2024 5:52 am
Congratulations on finishing your first game. I wouldn't have guessed your new to PbP. You're running an excellent game of Alien. I hope to get into more of your games in the future.
Feb 13, 2024 8:59 am
Y'all - thank you so much for your many kind comments.

I just yesterday wrote into my favourite TTRPG advice show podcast (Happy Jacks) talking about how discovering PbP and GP has been such a huge help for pushing through a several-year-long GM/player TTRPG burnout. And one of the things I mentioned in the mail was that part of the reason it works for me here is that I was given such a warm welcome, and where I've found lots of fun engaged thoughtful kind players.

You're an amazing bunch of people. Thanks so much for what you've made and share here!
Feb 13, 2024 11:06 am
BeardHare says:
Y'all - thank you so much for your many kind comments.

I just yesterday wrote into my favourite TTRPG advice show podcast (Happy Jacks) talking about how discovering PbP and GP has been such a huge help for pushing through a several-year-long GM/player TTRPG burnout. And one of the things I mentioned in the mail was that part of the reason it works for me here is that I was given such a warm welcome, and where I've found lots of fun engaged thoughtful kind players.

You're an amazing bunch of people. Thanks so much for what you've made and share here!
That is beautiful to hear and one can only strive to be worthy of that praise
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.