Hidden Info

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 9, 2016 9:39 pm
Can you enclose information in a Spoiler box when posting on GP?

Can a game's GM create threads/subforums viewable only to him/herself and not the players? For instance, I'd like a GM-only thread brainstorming and notes.
Sep 9, 2016 9:50 pm
This is the process I use to create a GM screen forum:
Quote:
1. When you're at the main Forum selection screen for your game, click Administrative Control Panel at the top right.

2. It should take you to a Subforums page. Go ahead and type in GM Screen, then click add. This should then display that forum name with three symbols to the left.

3. Click the "key" icon (this is permissions)

4. Under the groups section, it should say "Add permission for: " then the name of the game. Click Add.

5. Should bring up the permissions list with all things set to Inherit. Set them all to No, and that will make it private
Sep 9, 2016 9:53 pm
I've done that once Nattkinson, but I've yet to put anything behind the screen, haha.
Sep 9, 2016 10:37 pm
There is no spoiler tag yet, no, but yes, a GM can make a forum and give no one permissions to it, so it'd just be you in there.
Sep 9, 2016 10:43 pm
I think you could also give notes to yourself if you want to
Sep 10, 2016 4:46 pm
Szemely dies that, leaves notes to himself in game threads, as he keeps track of damage, hidden effects, or positions, etc.
Sep 16, 2016 12:06 am
Awesome, that's helpful, thanks. I haven't left notes yet, but we're only going to start paying properly on Friday. Char gen and set up took a looking time because it's interactive between players. Hmm, actually, I should start a thread to ask about that.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.