[Recruitment Thread] The Skies Above Eberron

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedFate CorePublic4 / weekJoshuaMabry
Come soar above the lands of Eberron in an airship built for adventure! While Eberron was created to be used with Dungeons and Dragons, our vehicle will be the Fate Core/Condensed game system, a narrative driven rules set where Fiction comes First! Join the crew of the Tears of Mourning, a New House Lyrandar elemental airship commissioned with a mysterious purpose. Story and character development will take a week or two, and then I will strive to maintain a posting schedule of no less than four posts from the GM a week. Not sure what the endgame of this story will be yet, so it could go for quite some time. So who among you is brave enough to conquer the skies with me?

Apr 6, 2024 4:00 pm
I'm looking for two more players for this game using Fate Core/Condensed rules set in the world of Eberron. Not sure who the big bad of the story will be yet, that's something I'd like to decide as a group. Familiarity with the setting or the rules is NOT required, as I'm happy to teach Fate and spout Eberron lore all the live long day.

EDIT: I'll monitor this thread until Friday April 12th at which point I will choose two players from whatever pool of applicants there is.
Last edited April 6, 2024 4:36 pm
Apr 6, 2024 5:06 pm
Familiar with the system (though some of my views on it may be heretical), know approximately nothing about the setting. Tentatively interested.
Apr 6, 2024 6:18 pm
Would love to join one of your games! I picked up the Fate system and have only gone through character creation. I’m playing a D&D Eberron game right now, so somewhat familiar with the setting.
Apr 6, 2024 7:04 pm
In a skim, I think I recognise the Changelings, which would be nice to pick as a character species. The natural fit concept for which would be some deceptive pretender.

I see the other thread (in which I cannot post) already discusses possible campaign directions. One of the curious options hinted at involved skyship pirates; I haven't yet been in any campaigns that took the pirate premise at face value, and I think pirates provide an interesting interplay between democracy and banditry aboard the same ship. But surely such is not the only possible campaign premise.
Apr 6, 2024 7:27 pm
Quote:
I see the other thread (in which I cannot post)
You are looking in the game forum. It is only those in the game that can post there. And right now we are just spitballing
Apr 6, 2024 9:36 pm
So without intending I’ve already extended spots to five players. I still want to give others interested in playing a chance, so I’ll take one more at the end of a week.
Apr 7, 2024 8:43 am
Eberron? Airships? Count me in. I'd like to do a warforged character.
Apr 8, 2024 11:20 am
JoshuaMabry says:
So without intending I’ve already extended spots to five players. I still want to give others interested in playing a chance, so I’ll take one more at the end of a week.
I see that session 0 is advancing at a rapid speed, settling on concepts and establishing inter-character relationships. Seems like any late joiner would fall behind on those fronts. Would it be wiser for me (or any other candidates for the sixth slot) to drop out, or to keep watching the session 0 as it unfolds, ready to catch up?
Apr 8, 2024 11:36 am
I think you should stay involved and watch session zero unfold. We’ll give the last player a couple days to create their character before we start.
Apr 12, 2024 1:29 pm
Hey folks, I decided to invite @vicky_molokh. Thanks to those of you who expressed interest. I'll keep you in mind if I start something else.
Apr 12, 2024 2:53 pm
Sounds good! Thanks for the consideration!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.