Interest Check: Villains & Vigilantes

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 12, 2024 3:18 am
I haven't played Villains & Vigilantes since the loss of my best friend about 2 years ago, as he was one of the few friends who enjoyed it. But, I think that I'm ready to go back to it. To clarify, this would be V&V 2.1, not Mighty Protectors (aka V&V3). V&V is a very freewheeling super-hero game and I do have a short house rules document, but largely, it is unchanged. The game can be a little quirky, but it is imminently playable. I have every original V&V module and we would build a world to house them (and some original stuff as well). Would there be any interest? If you are interested, but don't know the system, I will happily hold your hand.
Last edited April 12, 2024 3:21 am
Apr 12, 2024 8:08 am
I am interested, as I have V&V 3 on my wishlist. I don't know the system at all, so I wouldn't know the difference, but why go for the previous version? Is it simply the one you are used to?
Apr 12, 2024 9:22 am
Sounds interesting. How much different it is from the new Marvel RPG? I want to play a superhero for sometime now. I checked the V&V 2.1 and it looks it has a lot of crunch rules.
Apr 12, 2024 9:55 am
I would love to play. I too have been hoping for a superhero game for a while. Don't know the system though.
Apr 12, 2024 10:09 am
I'd love to try V&V. I've only ever read the 1e rules (and it was so long ago that I can't really remember how it works) and never played, but I'm still keen.
Apr 12, 2024 12:47 pm
Hello! Would we play villains?
Apr 12, 2024 1:37 pm
kwll says:
I am interested, as I have V&V 3 on my wishlist. I don't know the system at all, so I wouldn't know the difference, but why go for the previous version? Is it simply the one you are used to?
It's partly that I'm more accustomed to it, partly nostalgia, and partly that the system is a little easier for new players to get into. Mighty Protectors is a good system, but it can be a little confusing, even for those who are familiar with it. It also has to do with the fact that all my modules are written for 2.1 (well, actually 2.0, but the only difference in those editions is errata and formatting).
Alepous says:
Sounds interesting. How much different it is from the new Marvel RPG? I want to play a superhero for sometime now. I checked the V&V 2.1 and it looks it has a lot of crunch rules.
It is a bit crunchy, but it's easy to pick up. I can't speak to how different it is from the new Marvel RPG because I haven't seen that one yet.
Furmyr says:
I would love to play. I too have been hoping for a superhero game for a while. Don't know the system though.
No problem. It's actually pretty easy as far as play goes. The character building can be a bit daunting, but I have something to help with that.
dunderklumpen says:
I'd love to try V&V. I've only ever read the 1e rules (and it was so long ago that I can't really remember how it works) and never played, but I'm still keen.
2.1 differs a little from the 1e rules, but to anyone who has played D&D, it should be familiar enough. It was a game that 13-year old me picked up and played immediately, without too much trouble.
Appalahi says:
Hello! Would we play villains?
Not this time out. It is certainly easy enough to do, but everything I have is written for heroes and I have... issues... with evil campaigns. I'm a bit gunshy because the one evil campaign I ran lasted one session and ended with the town in flames and the heroes being drawn and quartered (it was D&D campaign).
Apr 12, 2024 1:38 pm
Looks like there is enough interest. I'm going to let this sit while I prepare the forum over the next day or so and I'll send out invitations as soon as I have that done.
Last edited April 12, 2024 1:38 pm
Apr 15, 2024 10:04 pm
Boosting this back to the top while I make final preparations for getting things started. If anyone else is interested, there is plenty of room.
Apr 15, 2024 10:55 pm
Boosting this back to the top while I make final preparations for getting things started. If anyone else is interested, there is plenty of room.
Apr 16, 2024 12:33 am
I’d like to give it a shot! Though I’ve never tried V&V so I would definitely like some guidance!
Apr 16, 2024 2:31 am
I'd like to give it a go. I'll have to find my .PDF of the rules. Played a couple times a while back, but not recently.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.