[Interest Check] Mound City Chronicles

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenModified Fabula UltimaPublic3 / weekwitchdoctor
https://i.imgur.com/EJH5BbX.png

>>>Elder Tales II, a twenty+ year old MMO, has had a resurgence in popularity after being rediscovered by a new generation of players during the pandemic. A new Expansion Pack, that some say is way over-hyped, is due out on May 3rd and promises to be quite the Internet event as it celebrates the tidal swell of renewed interest in the game.
>>> According to Internet gadflies over 20 million players from across the globe are queued up for the simultaneous worldwide release of the new expansion pack. Whatever adventures the players expected, none of them foresaw waking up in a world eerily like the Elder Tales world!

https://i.imgur.com/O4JNRd9.png
https://i.imgur.com/VyPmPHV.png

>>>Mound City Chronicles is a LitRPG game based around the 'Log Horizon' anime/light novel series that touches on Isekai, MMO/Internet culture and Community Building themes using a modified version of the Fabula Ultima game system.

Game Duration & Post Frequency:
>>>I intend to run this game for as long as there's interest in exploring Theldesia and the implications of living inside what was once an MMO world. I have no definitive end point for the story.
>>>As for post frequency, I'm aiming for between 3-5 posts a week for potential players. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on what's going on. Intended as an RP-heavy game with occasional combat, posting speed may vary.
>>>As is the usual custom, Mon-Fri posting is the normal; weekend/holiday posting is great but never mandatory.

Player Experience Requirements:
>>>Open to everyone; newb or veteran, new to GP or old hands alike. Everyone is welcome!

Character Creation & Restrictions:
>>>Having an idea in mind for a character couldn't hurt but I'm leaning towards having the selected players flesh things out together as a group once the game starts.
>>> Initially, starting with a single character per player is the best option but once play has progressed a bit I'd be open to the option of players having multiple characters in play.

Adult Themes and Content:
>>>While I'm not aiming for anything to progress into those areas, I do feel like a discussion of Veils & Lines is always good practice when starting a game...as is adhering to GP general guidelines.
>>>That said, there's a good possibility of themes of Identity, Body Dysphoria, Social Inequality, Transhumanism, Bullying and other topics arising...just so there's warning given.

Marginalized Communities Welcome:
>>> This game accepts everyone with open arms.

How to Apply:
>>>Leave a comment below expressing interest. Easy Peasy.

Apr 26, 2024 1:19 am
What is says in the Game Details page.

I'm looking for a good group of regularly posting players interested in exploring a new frontier.

No character concepts, just looking for interest in playing a RP heavy game using a modification of the Fabula Ultima system.
Apr 26, 2024 8:42 am
I like the idea. What kind of world you will build and how free are going to be the classes / character concepts?
Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am
Alepous says:
I like the idea. What kind of world you will build and how free are going to be the classes / character concepts?
I've noticed that, in PbP anyway, Fabula Ultima tends to get bogged down with world creation back-and-forth so I've already handled a vast majority of the heavy lifting. However, there's still wiggle room for player input without relying solely on that for world building.

As far as classes are concerned, there different from the Fabula Ultima standard but all that is explained in the the game forum. Character creation is pretty much step-by-step as explained there.
If you're wanting to start thinking of character concepts, you'd need:
A) An idea of who the person is/was who played the Elder Tales MMO and then
B) a vague idea of what kind of character they might play an MMO world

For a Sneak Peek, the game forums can be found HERE
Apr 26, 2024 10:15 am
I will read it after work. You want me to post here what I have in mind or in the subforum? As worldbuilding, I mean we will be in a JRPG, a medieval era, a scifi era, scifi magic... IRL I am pretty hooked on the Warframe MMO, so maybe I can "transfer" my playstyle / character from there.
Apr 26, 2024 10:19 am
A mix of JRPG and standard MMO elements in a pseudo medieval society.
Apr 26, 2024 10:40 am
I'd be interested in playing. I like that the world-building is already taken care of, as I struggled with that part the last time I attempted to join a Fabula Ultima game.
Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am
Dmbrainiac says:
I'd be interested in playing. I like that the world-building is already taken care of, as I struggled with that part the last time I attempted to join a Fabula Ultima game.
It's a really neat part of the Fabula Ultima system but I'm PbP, I think it sucks a lot of the momentum and enthusiasm out of a game to have to worldbuild from scratch.
I've got the setting in place but there's still room for player ideas to take root once they have a good feel for the framework of the game.
Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm
I am interested for "foxfolk" (monk?).
Apr 26, 2024 10:36 pm
I am interested in joining this game. The concept seems interesting
Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm
We've got four interested players. I'll leave the interest check up for a few more days to catch folks who don't check in over the weekends. After that, we'll be ready to start on character discussions.
Apr 30, 2024 9:49 pm
Tomorrow I'll close out the Interest Check and issue invites to everyone who expressed interest in playing.
I'm looking forward to getting the ball rolling and getting into the game!
May 7, 2024 4:20 pm
I am very interested in this game as well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.