[CLOSED] (L&F Hack) - “Hero Girl Sprite”

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 26, 2024 4:28 am
https://i.imgur.com/nCTbxip.png
a Lasers & Feelings hack by 力行 (a.k.a. Me)
YOU’RE A VIDEO GAME GIRL IN A VIDEO GAME WORLD.

Like in Tron, Wreck-It Ralph or third-millennium Jumanji, being a video game protagonist is reality to you. Perhaps you may not even be in a game, but rather, you’re the heroines the game is about. Best not to look for a fourth wall, though—especially if it’s more like a window, through which you might see giants jiggling joysticks and mashing buttons! No one wants to see that.

What does one want to see? Teamwork! Villainy thwarted! A daring rescue! That’s right, a rescue! Missy Girl, the Player One of Hero Girl Sprite, has gone missing. And so the game has recruited four heroines from other games at the arc…ade… no wait I mean lands!

Yes! Lands! You’re not in a game, so really lands—that are really distant—such as Metrovania and The Polygon Trail and Big Bug… ’s Lair. Many challenges obstruct you, and bad guys and monsters are ready to ambush you! But eventually you’ll find Missy Girl and get Heroine Medals!

So, what are you waiting for, ladies?
PRESS START
Daah! I mean… start… press -ing on…

…ward.

🕹️The Game
This is a Lasers & Feelings hack that takes place in a world inspired by video games (mostly from the 80s and 90s).

🧚🏻‍♀️ The PCs are sort of pre-gennish. Like in the original Gauntlet, each player controls a different kind of hero:
P2: A TINY, WINGED SPRITE
P3: A PEPPY MAGICAL GIRL
P4: AN AGILE STREET-FIGHTER
P5: A MIGHTY AMAZON

💥 Contra-versy?
Controversial topics may come up in the context of late 20th-century video games. For example, your characters all come from different games. Maybe, like Chun-Li and Thyra, P4 and P5 were the only female characters in their original games. They could bond through commiseration.

💌 That said, I’m aiming for dumb, clean fun. This game is meant to be a Love Letter to arcade and S/NES games of the 80s and 90s—especially Secret of Mana, the inspiration for the campaign’s title.

🪙 How to Join
Please reply here if you’re interested, and able to keep up with a posting rate of 3-5 times per week.
Last edited April 27, 2024 4:31 pm
Apr 26, 2024 1:43 pm
Okay, @Harrigan, @DmBrainiac, you’re both in! I need another player to make this happen, and I have room for two more!

If you’re familiar with Lasers & Feelings, then you kinda know how the system works already.

If you’re not, here’s a link to the L&F PDF.

And if you WANT to know a bit about the hack…
[ +- ] This Game’s Dice Rules
Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm
This looks fun! I'd love to join if it's not a problem that I tend more towards 3 posts per week. 5 is a little too much for me. :'D
Apr 26, 2024 6:21 pm
3/week’s fine.

So it looks like I have 4 players already, and I’m fine with first-come, first-serve. I’ll send invites over the weekend, and if anyone has a change of heart, I’ll open a recruitment thread.
Last edited April 26, 2024 7:20 pm
Apr 26, 2024 11:56 pm
Whoops -- I wasn't throwing my hat in, should be more careful about that. Was just complimenting you on the interest check!
Apr 27, 2024 12:27 am
Original, but not my generation.
Apr 27, 2024 1:00 am
Harrigan says:
Whoops -- I wasn't throwing my hat in, should be more careful about that. Was just complimenting you on the interest check!
Not a problem—I appreciate the compliment.

So I can take one more player then!
Apr 27, 2024 9:57 am
Then, shall I insert a coin? Game looks fun and original. If I understand correctly you are using the feeling die and laser die?
Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am
I am, though you would roll Hero and Sprite instead. Anyway, we can discuss in-game because inserting your coin means we have 4 players!!!!

Invites to follow, @dmbrainiac, @phoenixscientist, @flyingsucculent, and @alepous. (& belated congrats regarding the new baby @alepous!)
Apr 27, 2024 12:49 pm
Invites sent! Feel free to post in the only thread. It’s the session zero.
Apr 27, 2024 4:33 pm
You’re welcome! Please join when ready. I’m closing this thread… or typing "closed" in the title anyway.
Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm
Don't you mean Out of Order? :P

You do not have permission to post in this thread.