Gurrai

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 25, 2015 6:48 am
This thread is about the city, surroundings, the Maelstrom, etc.

The Skylinks

Little is known about these mysterious constructs, other than the fact that they siphon energy from the Maelstrom. They soar high into the sky, and at the top, celestially blue/red/pink/rainbow light flows into their depths to shoot out at intervals along the lengths of the towers, like water from a brook.

The Maelstrom

A nearly invisible, constantly in motion thing. No one knows what it is, and only know it's general location because of the dark light it emits that stream high in the air to the Skylinks. However, when it's 'surface' distorts and whirls, the watchmen sound the alarm. A raid from another realm encroaches on the city.

Gurrai

A massive sprawling city, split in thirds by three walls constructed of metals and odd bits of machinery. Behind the first wall, misshapen buildings constructed out of metals, carapaces of dead raiders, and mud awkwardly mesh together, while workers toil in nearby farms and crude factories. Beyond the second wall, the middle class is entertained by a man who preaches of the achievements of the Lords of Gurrai, while reminding them that only the Lords keep them and their families safe from the raiders before leaving to preach to the outer wallers. The last wall shields buildings clustered at the base of the Skylinks, constructed of exotic materials (gained from trades) that belong to the privileged of the city. Lastly, a glowingly white orb is attached to Skylink 1, and is only reachable by elevator. The orb is the home of the mythical Lords of Gurrai, the enigmatic founders and rulers of the city.
Feb 26, 2015 3:58 am
I did some reading on the Amorphous Fields and all I can say is this locale is crazy. It'll be interesting (if not a little scary) battling on the semi-fluid/viscous landscape that burps up massive glowing jellyfish and solid land exists on small "islands" of stable ground.

Numenera is weird.
Feb 26, 2015 8:48 am
This setting feels like a combo of Evangelion and Attack on Titan. I like it.
Feb 26, 2015 10:49 pm
Yeah that's kind of my unintentional inspiration... Glad you do, and glad you watch anime! Which ones are your favs?
Feb 27, 2015 5:37 am
Evangelion was pretty kick ass. I like AoT thus far. Fullmetal Alchemist is one of my faves, along with Soul Eater and Trigun.
Feb 27, 2015 4:18 pm
Hmm soul eater and trigun are on my backlog, haven't watched them yet. AoT had a few issues but it was too awesome to dislike.
You may like Knights of Sidonia, the animation is clunky but the mecha battles are pretty amazing. szemely will back me up.
Feb 27, 2015 5:07 pm
Eva was trippy. anyone see the End of Evangelion movie? Horrible but glorious
Feb 27, 2015 5:30 pm
Kaizival says:
You may like Knights of Sidonia, the animation is clunky but the mecha battles are pretty amazing. szemely will back me up.
Yep, Knights of Sidonia is pretty damned cool. Eagerly awaiting the second season.
Feb 27, 2015 7:31 pm
Senpaiki says:
Eva was trippy. anyone see the End of Evangelion movie? Horrible but glorious
Yeah, it's the exact same plot as the last two episodes, but instead of the mental stuff, it is the actual events.
Feb 27, 2015 7:38 pm
But what about when Shinji and Asuka end up on the neo Earth? Instead of becoming one with the Instrumentality soup, they chose to live in the real world. I honestly liked that ending better because Shinji chose (kinda) to accept reality and deal with it instead of wimping out in the Instrumentality consciousness melding.
Feb 27, 2015 7:43 pm
I did like that ending a lot more. End of Evangelion was kick ass. I wold also like to apologize for degrading the setting thread into an anime discussion.
Feb 27, 2015 7:50 pm
KennyGardnerIII says:
I did like that ending a lot more. End of Evangelion was kick ass. I wold also like to apologize for degrading the setting thread into an anime discussion.
Um...I'd call that my fault, I totally fueled it. I'll create an anime discussion thread to keep it relevant. Thanks for the notice!
Feb 27, 2015 8:09 pm
KennyGardnerIII says:
9 Evas versus Asuka's Unit 02...Utter BS, and after that stuff got ridiculously traumatizing. Still see the white Evas and people exploding to yellow goop in my dreams...

Oops, I'm off to the Anime chat.

Thread locked