Mecha Descriptions

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 25, 2015 7:26 am
Find the rules for mecha on Mecha Rules!

About the Type-12s...

Every Type-12 appears to be completely unique, as the armor on the units is multi-colored and completely non sequitur (think insect carapaces, odd plates of metal, and large chunks of rock, no traces of numenera however) with added colors and symbols painted on by their runners. The only constants are a roughly humanoid form, a number for identification, and two thrust pylons mounted on the shoulders. All Zorahi units are covered in a mish mash of different armors, as are their weapons, making it hard to discern the actual shape of the machine as literally every inch is obscured with armored plating. The armor does a good job of protection, but more often than not gets in the way of articulation and fast movement thanks to it's weight and awkward configuration. In short, the Zorahi is decently but haphazardly armored, but can’t keep up with the speed and reflexes of fast runners.

"The Type-12 Zorahi is a heavily armored defenser."

Heavily Armored

Speed:All speed actions are one step higher, thanks to the heavy and awkward armor.

Intellect: No data.

Might: No data.

Health: The Zorahi reduces damage taken, although it is also sometimes prone to losing limbs and armor thanks to the armor mish mash's weight and distribution.

Zorahi Gear, Characteristics, Info, and Miscellaneus

Special Ability: Blast Pylons
All Type-12s come equipped with two tall 'fins' mounted on the shoulders. When activated with a classless big red button in the cortex, forward facing cavities in the fins open, and an explosion of flame brutally throws the defenser backwards.

*The purpose of the blast pylons is to escape from situations that the Zorahi normally could not. However, they are rarely used, as they have been known to cause concussions and the occasional death.
*Can be fired twice if they don't snap off the first time.
*Does damage at very close ranges.
*Nicknamed

Climbable: Thanks to the bulky and unorthodox armor, handholds and footholds are abundant, making climbing Type-12s as easy as climbing a giant machine can get. -1 step to difficulty for climbing.

Offense

Your Zorahi unit will use whatever weapons your character has, and can pull of any fighting moves or tricks of the trade within reason. It cannot pull off esoteries, although you can perform them from the cortex if you open the hatch. (sorry, but your situation will change! Robots using 'magic' seemed a little advanced to start the game with).

Control Details

*The cortex is in the chest and is entered through an armored hatch.
*Control is achieved through a seemingly complicated system of pedals and levers and a synaptic link, and runners view the world from monitors flashing mysterious symbols.
*The Zorahi bucks when first activated, almost as if it has more power. However, it's power levels soon reach stable levels.

Miscellaneus

If you wish to create a custom unit, feel free to do so. You can describe colors, something you drew on the armor, your Defenser's ID, or a noteworthy chunk of armor that makes your unit stand out. No numenera though.
Feb 26, 2015 4:03 am
So if the slow Type-12's are our Defensers (which I'm having fun sketching), who owns the fast Defensers?
Feb 26, 2015 4:14 am
Skydut says:
So if the slow Type-12's are our Defensers (which I'm having fun sketching), who owns the fast Defensers?
It makes me really happy you're so excited about the game, Skydut. Usually people on this site are a little too relaxed about games for my taste. Keep working on that sketch (I actually started one as well!) If you finish it, we'd love to see it.

About fast Defensers...none have been seen. Occasionally an older type will serve with the Type-12s, but they are also so heaped with armor it's hard to tell the difference, other than their lack of Blast Pylons.
Feb 26, 2015 5:06 am
Hmm...

My Zorahi custom has "Soniku" painted in bright red letters on a chunk of synth that looks suspiciously like the roof of a house on the shoulder. It is painted dark pink, with bright blue swirls to decorate and The cockpit entrance is painted to resemble an opening flower when it irises open.

Yes, i said pink.
Feb 27, 2015 8:35 pm
Spax's Defenser, Gion was chosen through his connection with the machine as he touched its armor. Though Spax heard no words from the Defenser as he had hoped, he did feel a wash of comfort and warmth from the monumental Model 12.

Gion is as symmetrically built as possible, armor on both sides roughly the same size or shape as available. This is much to the chagrin to the Fixers. However, Gion's right arm is a giant gauntlet that spouts a large forearm blade. Spax decided that Gion's favorite color is red, same as his, so he had the Fixers cover Gion's chasis with as much red as they had on hand.
Feb 27, 2015 9:57 pm
Skydut says:
Spax's Defenser, Gion was chosen through his connection with the machine as he touched its armor. Though Spax heard no words from the Defenser as he had hoped, he did feel a wash of comfort and warmth from the monumental automa.

Gion is as symmetrical built as possible, armor on both sides roughly the same size or shape as available. This is much to the chagrin to the Fixers. However, Gion's right arm is a giant gauntlet that spouts a large forearm blade.
Spax certainly seems OCD...
Feb 27, 2015 11:54 pm
Quote:
Spax certainly seems OCD...
I had originally put that down put I couldn't quite think of what OCD would be called a billion years in earth's future. ;-)
Feb 28, 2015 12:52 am
"Onerous Cymetrical Disease"?
Feb 28, 2015 8:04 pm
Quote:
Spax's defining quirk is that he can speak to machines and believes that the defensers are actually alive. His peers may disagree, even roughing him up for his ideas. However Spax cannot be dissuaded, he KNOWS the defensers are alive and now that he's a runner himself, he plans on proving it. Spax spends most of his off time either in or around his defenser. Whether it be systematically checking the machines operating system, tightening its armor joints, or just lounging in the cockpit reading about Numenera (out loud to the defenser).
I put this on my character description, but after having read and reread about the Fixers and "radiation" will Spax even be able to spend time with his Defenser outside of protecting Gurrai on missions?
Feb 28, 2015 8:12 pm
Yes, when its not in repair. And I promise you that your quirk is being implemented in the story. (actually, it's perfect!)
don't worry, you and Gion are one.
Mar 9, 2015 5:10 pm
Copy/paste of what I have in my bio as Ace's descripiton.
...His Zorahi unit, Ace is taller and thinner than most Guardians. Ace is pitch black as a base color. She shares Osiris's blue swirling tattoos all across her body, with "Ace 02" marked up in bold blue across the right side of her chest.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.