Ooc stuff, Announcements, etc

load previous
Feb 27, 2015 4:16 am
A giant robot. Don't ask dumb questions.
Feb 27, 2015 4:20 am
Just kidding, the main draw of being a runner is the fact that they accept and support anyone, from any of the three districts. And...giant robot ;).

That's all I could think of for now. You can make up details as well. Perhaps you and the other runners get free trips to the bar?
Feb 27, 2015 4:54 am
Giant robot! That's right. Lol

Seriously (Can you be serious in a fictional game?) though, I was thinking more along the lines of standard issue armor, weapons, cyphers, etc.

Another question. How customizable are our Defensers? What I mean is, can I request armor to be taken off to boost speed, or adding wheels, extra arms, etc?
Feb 27, 2015 4:35 pm
Ill say yes to the first one, although it will be limited. I was thinking everyone would receive an extra cypher, and of course their Defensers would be equipped with giant versions of your PC's weapons (that can't be cheap).

The second question...When damaged Defensers return from a sortie, a cloth is thrown over them as the runner disembarks. They are also maintenanced in a location that you do not know. These measures are to protect runners from 'latent radiation', according to the higher ups. I'll have to say no to customization for the Type-12s for now. It's something I plan to definitely incorporate, but there are strong story reasons why not. Sorry, that's all I can say.

I will also say that your Zorahi is armored with almost EVERYTHING, so if it would make you happy, you could describe your unit having something like a striped hide to cover the shoulder armor. Senpaiki's 'Soniku' has it's name on a roof of a house, and is painted pink.

You could also find bits out in the fields or beyond to help your unit, and the enigmatic fixers back home will grudgingly agree to try to graft it on, albeit in a place where you can't watch. Trying to modify the Defenser other than aesthetically in Gurrain without the fixers, however, is "dangerous to your health and illegal". You can't requisition Defenser mods for now, the fixers say they are "in short supply" and also don't want to do the extra work.

Hope this helps! Thanks for the questions, they have been very useful in building the world.
Feb 27, 2015 5:06 pm
It's like they're hiding something. Super excited!
Feb 27, 2015 6:01 pm
As a nano, I suppose I won't use armor. Sorry. So can Spax own a type of environmental spandex suit that keeps him comfortable in all but extreme weather fluctuations? And is water resistant?

I'm suddenly not trustworthy of these "higher ups" and secretive fixers. :-/
Feb 27, 2015 6:48 pm
Kaizival you still have 4 posts per day on the main game page. That might be deterring some from joining?
Feb 27, 2015 7:03 pm
Skydut, do you watch anime? What you described is called a 'plugsuit' in mecha anime! Sure, you can have your plug suit.
Feb 27, 2015 7:11 pm
Did someone say plug suit?

Geez, glue on her arm is starting to give...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-35aOdUIAArvcH.jpg
Feb 27, 2015 7:33 pm
That's awesome! glad you know your stuff, szemely, I like Mari as well! I have some Gundam models, but I wish I could afford figures...
Feb 27, 2015 7:34 pm
Because y'all are so awesome everyone gets a plug suit free! Just put it on, press the button, and the suit vacuum seals around you!
Feb 27, 2015 7:35 pm
Evangelion flashbacks for days.
Feb 27, 2015 7:41 pm
That one is a kit that my wife put together and painted, much cheaper than the pre-made models. She's done well over 100 kits the past seven or eight years.
Feb 27, 2015 7:45 pm
That's amazing, you have a special wife :). The painting is pretty much immaculate. Can I ask how she does it? i'd like to have figures but they are very expensive so I was thinking how to paint my own.
Feb 27, 2015 7:48 pm
KennyGardnerIII says:
Evangelion flashbacks for days.
Just for you, Kenny, your suit says on the shoulder and breast Zora 02. prepare for some fun times, buddy.
Feb 27, 2015 8:01 pm
Hi all, take your future anime posts (or whatever) to the Anime Chat!

I'd also like to say to not feel compelled to post hear every ten secs like I do when I'm on. Real life chains us all, I'm afraid :). I'm just trying to get to know all of you and promote a friendly atmosphere where you can post whatever you damn well please.
Feb 27, 2015 8:23 pm
I googled plug suit and thanks to the pic above from szemely, I am very happy. Thank you!
Feb 27, 2015 9:37 pm
Sad post...Adrian has quit, he doesn't have the time apparently. Sigh. I'd like more players, I don't get why my player slots aren't already full! I think this game is going to be great and am promising so, so why aren't people joining en masse? The mecha? The over drama? Damn.
Feb 27, 2015 9:44 pm
Don't read too much into it. Real Life trumps Role Play is what my players always say. Anyway, is there any reason why 4 isn't a solid number? Of course i don't get to peer behind the curtain, so if our game needs more players then I am satisfied with holding out until they come.
Feb 27, 2015 9:46 pm
What about you Kenny? Have you made some plans for your character?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.