OOC Player Resource Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 5, 2016 3:07 am
Hey guys! Just wanted to lay some ground-work here for posting protocol and what not, so that we're all on a similar page.

First, please try to post at least once a day. I am going to make every effort to hold myself to this standard. Accordingly, if I'm investing free-time in this, and the others are investing free-time in this, it is only respectful of our effort and basic human consideration that you invest some free-time in this. If you don't think you can meet that humble request for any period of time, please just chime in on the OOC thread to say you've got something going on IRL so at the very least we aren't waiting for something that isn't forth coming in-game. I'm not going to put a hard-cap on days or posts/action missed, but if I feel like you're not making a reciprocal effort to the rest, I will seek a replacement.

With that out of the way...

Second, some standard formatting found around the forum:

1. Typically players write in bold when their characters say anything, Bilbo says, "This is what it looks like when I'm talking in-character."

2. Characters think in italics, Bilbo thinks, "I wonder if these guys will share their thoughts to reveal personal secrets or move the game along." Sharing thoughts offer a chance for everyone to get to know the PCs and for the players (and GM) to metagame a bit, in the best way possible.

3. You can put up pictures from web sources by pasting a 'copy picture webaddress' link (see the polaroid looking icon up top).

4. You can quote people (see the Lego-man w/ a thought bubble icon up top).

Quote:
Quote:
You can quote people
5. You can send a secret note to the GM and/or players for those secret matters (see the blank page icon up top).

6. And you can say things Out of Character (see the OOC auto-format up top).
OOC:
This is what it looks like when I'm talking out-of-character.
People will use other colored text and underline for a variety of stuff. If you would like to do so, just make it clear what the use is, if it is not simple emphasis or the like.

Once your character is approved you can toggle to post as "Player" (you) or your character.

7. If you click the "Advanced" post options you can add dice rolls to your post. The roll macro is very basic; "(number of dice)d6" is pretty much all we'll be using. We'll interpret the results on the back-end (post the shade and exponent in the Reason part), and make any additional rolls for Open-Ended checks by subsequent editing of the post.

Certain elements of the roll can and should be stated by the player going into the roll: Task and Intent, FoRKs, Help, Careful/Patient/Quick, etc., but other elements: disputed Task, Dis/Advantage, Obstacle, Standard/Versus/Linked, disputed Failure condition, etc. should probably be hashed out via the private Notes tool so that IC thread space isn't taken up by these vital elements of the BWG system.

Third, here is a link to the map of the City I am using.

Here is a link to a character sheet I put together based off of some BWG resources.

Here is a link to a session sheet for tracking Artha and things.

And I think that's about it, please let me know if there's something you're wondering, or that you think could/should be here and I will update it.

Cheers!

Thread locked