1.4 - The Wyr River: Out of the darkness, into ...

load previous
Apr 5, 2015 2:32 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
Tara idly says "Wierd." while looking out the window... then moves her focus back to the room. "Find anything usef... What is that display over Utazó?" Tara says trailing off one question for another.
Tara walks over to the bed that Utazó is lying on. She seems peaceful, at rest...her breathing steady and her color good. Her eye lids are twitching, like she is dreaming. The panel over the bed thrums with activity.

Tara: Perception check, either on Utazó or on the panel
Apr 5, 2015 2:36 pm
Qralloq says:
Khoren misses his book on Numenera, stolen by the ambushers. It probably would have helped. He picks up the Rejuvenator set down by Darazen.
Darazen was right, here is the rest:

Effect: Substance restores a number of points equal to the cypher’s level to one random Pool. Roll percentile:
01–50 Might Pool
51–75 Speed Pool
76–00 Intellect Pool
Apr 5, 2015 2:37 pm
Objulen says:
Vult will analyze the next cipher that no one is looking at.
Gotta pick one... I canna pick for you (or I can, but it would be a waste cause I would pick something already IDed)
Apr 5, 2015 2:39 pm
Merlin says:
Darazen says to anyone listening, "this can restore health, I think, but I'm not too sure."

He picks up the telepathy implant. "Hmmm, wonder what this is?"

(Ooc: haha, it's playing silly buggers with me isn't it? - I meant to add effort, honest guy)
Telepathy Implant
Level: 5

Wearable: Disk that adheres to forehead, temporary tattoo

Effect: For one hour, the device enables long-range mental communication with anyone who has a matching
implant. These devices are always found in groups of two or more.
Apr 5, 2015 2:40 pm
XP Award:

Utazó: 2 XP for blindly climbing on the bed.
Apr 5, 2015 2:55 pm
Darazen will automatically identify all items level 4 and below.
Apr 5, 2015 3:33 pm
Khoren will next attempt to ID the Ear Worm.

Rolls

ID Numenera, specialized - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Apr 5, 2015 5:51 pm
grandmaster says:
Objulen says:
Gotta pick one... I canna pick for you (or I can, but it would be a waste cause I would pick something already IDed)
OOC: the speed heal
Apr 5, 2015 10:29 pm
Hmm...

Rolls

Perceptioin - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Apr 6, 2015 12:11 am
Qralloq says:
Khoren will next attempt to ID the Ear Worm.
Earworm
Internal: A tiny worm covered in sharp hairs
Effect: The cypher activates when placed on someone’s face. The worm crawls up the side of the user’s face and enters his ear canal (or the closest thing to an ear canal the user has). It then embeds the bristles coating its body into the canal. For the next 28 hours, the user can understand any language he hears and has an asset for any task that involves listening.

When the effect ends, a fleshy moth flies out of his ear.
Apr 6, 2015 12:13 am
Objulen says:
grandmaster says:
Objulen says:
OOC: the speed heal
Speed Heal
Internal: Pill, ingestible liquid

Effect: At the end of each minute for the next hour, the user adds 1 point to his Might Pool, up to the Pool’s maximum. This is especially useful for someone who is taking frequent or long-term damage.
Apr 6, 2015 11:36 am
GrantUrDeth says:
Hmm...
Tara moves over to the bed that Utazó is sleeping on.

Looking at the display, you see a lot of symbols and numbers. Some of it looks similar to what you saw on the panels, what Vult and Darazen showed you about the doors, but this is different. Every few seconds, the display slides and another set of symbols appear. After a few cycles, the panel displays the form of a person, with symbols over certain areas. For a few moments, the display seems to move out those symbols, zooming in on certain areas like the head, the arms, the body and more. Then the panel clears and starts over again.
Apr 6, 2015 12:01 pm
After identifying the items Darazen heads over to the bed occupied by Utazo (ooc: with an accent over the o).

"Stay there, Utazo, it seems to be some sort of medical device."

With that Darazen examines the display to try to determine how it works.

Rolls

Scan object (doesn't need roll?) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Intellect - Numenera training, book, effort - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Apr 6, 2015 7:54 pm
"Merlin.." Taras' mask turns into a questioning look.. "Did that say "pregnant?" she says after the screen changes again.
Last edited April 6, 2015 7:55 pm
Apr 7, 2015 4:49 pm
GrantUrDeth says:
"Merlin.." Taras' mask turns into a questioning look.. "Did that say "pregnant?" she says after the screen changes again.
ooc: is this out of character, or are you asking Darazen? ;)
Apr 7, 2015 5:29 pm
ooc: Tara said it.. In Character.. To Darazen. Sorry, I keep confusing your name for your characters name.
Last edited April 7, 2015 5:31 pm
Apr 7, 2015 6:28 pm
(ooc: well, in that case...)

Darazen smiles. "It is entirely possible. I'm struggling a bit with the meaning of some of these instruments. Wait a minute... maybe I can refer to some of the notes I made when working on the other panels. There may be some similarities."

Darazen refocusses his Numenera training, but this time with the aid of his notes...

Rolls

Intellect - Numenera training, effort, notes - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Apr 7, 2015 7:30 pm
Darazen leans over the panel, looks at an over turned table and sits it upright next to the bed. He pulls out his Numenera books and opens them on the table and starts looking at the display. After about 20 minutes of going back and forth and viewing the panels as they changed, taking notes and consulting his books all the while watching over Utazó, he stands up.

"Pregnant? I think not. There is only one thing pulsing on the screen that says "electrocardiograph" and that appears to be her heart. The other screens seem to show other medical conditions and readouts. I am not doctor, though and some of these terms are not in my books."

"ZZZZzzzzz.....snort......zzzzZZZZ", can be heard from Utazó.

"Apparently though, this bed checks the wellness of the person on it. It also looks like it can do some healing on the person too. It can make the person go to sleep, which I suppose is better than having them squirm and thrash in pain."

Looking at Tara, "So, do you remember the scar from the slicer beetle on her arm? I mean, we healed the wound, but the mark was still there. Now, it is gone....

"ZZZZzzzzz.....snort......zzzzZZZZ"

... I think we just need to wake her up. I found the 'sleep' setting and turned it off."[/i]

Darazan turns towards Utazó lying on the bed and gentle touches her arm. "Utazó? Utazó.... time to get up."
load next

Thread locked