Looking for design critics!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 9, 2015 11:33 pm
As you guys may have heard (or read in threads), I'm working on a new design for Gamers' Plane, something more clean and fun. I still intend on the site to stay simple, easy to use.

I'm looking for help from my users, both those of you who are active in non-game forums and those of you who stick mostly to just the games. You can help in two ways:

1) Just mention here things you like and don't like about the site, visually speaking. Not talking about functionality or features, but rather things you find attract you or repel you. Do you wish the colors were different, the buttons, a particular interface is hard to use/find.

2) If you're interested, I'm looking for people to criticize/comment on the designs my designer sends me. If so, I'll send you the designs I get, and ask for through criticisms back. Not just, "Eh, looks ok, but not really." I want "That box shouldn't be there, and it doesn't work in red. Maybe a gray, moved to the top? Or move it from that page to this page instead." Your feedback will be vital in driving the new Gamers' Plane site, and help me avoid many of the same mistakes I've made on this version you've already helped me fix. If you are interested in that line, shoot me an email at contact@gamersplane.com. I have the first rough draft, had it nearly a week now, and I should get back to the designer ASAP.
Mar 11, 2015 2:46 am
Lemme know when you get some design stuff in to look at.

In the mean time I'll be browsing the forums looking at visual things :)

OK, so I just realized something that bothers me when looking at the site:: the alignment of the forums titles. See, they're all aligned to the right, which is odd when we're used to reading everything left to right.

Having buttons on the right is perfectly fine, but when you're just looking down the forums and subforums you have to look back and forth to each.
Last edited March 11, 2015 2:53 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.