Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Apr 17, 2017 5:27 pm
"If you mean the balding guy in a nightgown with a bad cold, yes," says Kama. "Though I'm guessing he was already dead. Kept ranting about being the owner of this place due to squatter's rights, or something. Didn't seem too keen on you.

"Anyway, this is Nundro Rockseeker, one of the dwarves who've returned to get this mine running again."
Kama nudges the dwarf forward. "Say hi," he whispers.
Apr 17, 2017 5:36 pm
Stormsong will stand near Nundro, inspiring him with his presence.
Last edited April 17, 2017 5:39 pm
Apr 18, 2017 2:40 pm
I stand at the entrance as the others speak with the Spectator, guarding in case anything shows up behind us.
Apr 19, 2017 3:05 am
Nundro hesitates for a moment before stepping forward, speaking politely to the scary eye monster, "Me name is Nundro Rockseeker. Me brothers and I found yer mine here and would like to open 'er back up. If ye don't mind, o' course."

There is silence for a minute as the spectator responds to Nundro, who nods occasionally. Finally he speaks again, "That'll be up to ye I suppose. Me brothers... brother... and I won'd be keeping anyone on who don't wanna be working here," he says, stuttering over his words just the one time, "If ye wanna stay and help us here, we'd be glad to have ye."

More silence, "Yup, if that's what ye want... Nundro says, then continues in a more official sounding voice, "I release ye from yer service here in the mine and ye may go back to wherever it is ye came from!"

You feel a small sense of pleasure in your mind and the spectator fades from view. Nundro stands silently, watching the space where the spectator disappeared in contemplation.
Apr 19, 2017 3:23 am
"Nice work, boss!" Stormsong says as he claps Nundo on the shoulder.

"So this is the legendary forge!" He gazes around the room, then peers intently at the forge.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20-1)

(13) - 1 = 12

Apr 19, 2017 7:04 am
"Huh?" Kama asks. "Wasn't that back there with the bellows?"
Apr 19, 2017 12:54 pm
OOC:
The 'Forge of Spells' is basically a magical green fire that burns in a brazier in this room. The original owners would place the finished items in the flames and they would take on wondrous properties.
Nundro smiles at Stormsong's praise, then joins in looking at the legendary forge. You hear him say a quiet prayer for his lost brother.

As Stormsong inspects the 'forge', he can feel the powerful magics radiating from it. He can't tell anything specific, but the magic seems to be strong enough that it would probably strongly affect any sort of item in the general area, or even placed within it. He also feels no heat from it.
Apr 19, 2017 4:01 pm
Kama is curious, his past as a blacksmith calling to try out this so-called legendary forge.

"So, what now?" he asks. "Gundren's back at Phandalin. And I think we have some unfinished business in the Neverwinter Woods."
Apr 19, 2017 4:44 pm
Nundro looks over at Kama's words, "I'll stay here for now, clean up some, lay me brother to rest..." he pauses for a moment and sniffles, but tries to cover it by coughing, "If ye could let Gundren know what's goin' on here?"
Apr 19, 2017 4:48 pm
Curiosity gets the better of Stormsong and he thrusts his longsword into the green flame with no heat.
Apr 19, 2017 4:49 pm
Kama nods. "Come on, your brother's back at the entrance." He will help Nundro with the preparations and, lacking the words to offer prayer, will stand watch as a last vigil over the departed.
Apr 19, 2017 5:05 pm
After a look around the room to see if the guardian was protecting anything else of value, Stormsong follows along.
Apr 24, 2017 1:48 pm
As Stormsong pulls his sword from the flames, he can feel that it is lighter and stronger.

Once you reach the entrance to the cave, Nundro crouches down over his fallen brother and lays a hand on his chest. He begins to whisper a prayer to his gods, but you can hear that his voice keeps breaking and he has to stop several times before he can get through it.

After a few minutes of silence, Nundro stands. He turns to you and nods, "I can't thank ye enough fer what ye did fer us. Ye'll always be welcome in the Rockseeker home. Good luck to ye in whatever ye do."
OOC:
The sword will be +1 for the next week
Apr 24, 2017 1:52 pm
OOC:
You are now level 5!
Apr 24, 2017 4:13 pm
After confirming that Nundro will be okay on his own for a bit, Kama prepares for the return to Phandalin.
Apr 24, 2017 4:29 pm
Seeing Stormstrong place his sword in the green flame, I do the same with my bow and arrows.
OOC:
Will have to level up when I get home later this week
Apr 24, 2017 6:33 pm
Stormsong waits in line behind Xora and tries his shield.
Apr 24, 2017 7:21 pm
OOC:
Everything placed in there will become +1 for a week
Apr 25, 2017 3:39 am
Satisfied, I turn toward the others. "Do we return to Phandalin?"
Last edited April 25, 2017 3:39 am
Apr 25, 2017 4:10 am
Shuffling his feet a bit, Stormsong asks quietly, "Um, were we working for free?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.