What's in your Avatar?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 4, 2016 8:57 pm
CouchLord0510 says:
My picture is of Volibear: The Thunder's Roar. He's a LoL Champion, and a pretty awesome one at that if you like armored bears. Which I do, a lot. He's also a fair bit like me personality-wise, and he's really powerful. I was also in a sort of homemade RPG at the time I found GP in which we picked characters from popular media as our characters, and I was Volibear in that, so when I came here I just kept it. He's also my favorite League champion, though Nocturne is a close second.
Voli used to be my go to! I'm definitely a support player, with top being second I'd say, and back when Voli was an effective tanky fighter top, I loved him. I don't think he fills that role very well anymore, unfortunately, but I still play him in the right team comp.
Dec 5, 2016 5:51 am
My avatar is from when SW:The Old Republic came out on PC a few years back. My youngest son (then around 3) had a hooded bathrobe that was black that made him look like a little Sith. We were playing through one of the Sith character stories together and I took this photo on my phone. Notice the lightsaber resting casually on the desk...

Since I was focused originally on FFG Star Wars games, I thought this would be thematically appropriate. Where it's hideously inappropriate (e.g. Middle Earth) I've adopted a 'player' known as Falryx for the game where I use a different avatar. :)
Last edited December 5, 2016 5:51 am
Dec 5, 2016 7:41 am
falryx says:
Where it's hideously inappropriate (e.g. Middle Earth) I've adopted a 'player' known as Falryx for the game where I use a different avatar. :)
That's brilliant!

Have been thinking of changing mine for something generic, since I'm now running a Star Trek game, but I'll just steal your technique there and make a generic GM character that's more appropriate :)

My avatar is me with a Viking helmet I got from one of the players in my real-life group :D Ran it through an iPhone app called Prisma for artistic effect.
Last edited December 5, 2016 7:45 am
Dec 5, 2016 3:25 pm
falryx says:
My avatar is from when SW:The Old Republic came out on PC a few years back. My youngest son (then around 3) had a hooded bathrobe that was black that made him look like a little Sith. We were playing through one of the Sith character stories together and I took this photo on my phone. Notice the lightsaber resting casually on the desk...

Since I was focused originally on FFG Star Wars games, I thought this would be thematically appropriate. Where it's hideously inappropriate (e.g. Middle Earth) I've adopted a 'player' known as Falryx for the game where I use a different avatar. :)
So basically, you're Darth Falryx.. :P
Dec 5, 2016 6:15 pm
The Sith always manage to make the galaxy and its... denizens... dance to their whims. ;)
Last edited December 5, 2016 6:15 pm
Dec 5, 2016 7:31 pm
At the Gaming table when you're face to face there are four games during a session, the system, the story, the vibe of the table, and the social interactions between players (not characters).

I think Deadpool's frame of mind of knowing everything going on in his reality and the meta and talking to himself embodies how I look at gaming in a face to face group. (Plus I like Deadpool). I could go into what I mean by the four games but that's pretty meta in and of itself.
Dec 5, 2016 8:52 pm
I'm 50, bald and my beard is white. Sooooooo....

lol
Dec 6, 2016 4:07 pm
A commissioned art piece for my YouTube channel which I have neglected too long :(

https://yt3.ggpht.com/-3qTgE1t4iAM/VV6k-WJuu5I/AAAAAAAAACY/4jQ5c5o8u2M/w2120-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-nd-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no/S90qnNv.png
Last edited December 6, 2016 4:10 pm
Dec 6, 2016 9:39 pm
njohn858 says:
As much as I love being on my computer and gaming, I have a greater love for being in the mountains. The sense of wilderness and exploration and wonder that I encounter on every hike is a source of inspiration for my gameplay. I found the basic emblem on the web somewhere and tweaked it.
I feel exactly the same. I get a lot of inspiration while hiking. Did the upper section of the PCT two years ago, got a national parks pass last summer and hit Yosemite, Badlands, Mammoth and Arches. This summer I plan on exploring more of the parks in Utah before my pass expires. I always thought it would be a blast to do a weekend hike-in camp and play a game based on the hike/environment.
Dec 7, 2016 4:27 pm
Togashi Satsu, Voice of the Emperess and a man with all the right lines
Also, I am a Dragon

If someone who picks a fight with you can see the future, you should be worried.
-Togashi Satsu
Dec 7, 2016 5:48 pm
Mine is just a pixel art rendering of myself made with an iPad app. I have about 7-8 of these in different colors.
Dec 12, 2016 11:26 pm
My avatar is called "Chrome is having compatibility issues with the site design"
Dec 12, 2016 11:28 pm
Darthfish says:
My avatar is called "Chrome is having compatibility issues with the site design"
I just made a bunch of fixes to the UCP; you should have an easier time with avatars now.
Jan 30, 2017 5:51 am
Jabes cakes and Cancerman's paintings look freaking great.

My avatar is a random old school deity pic from the internet. I have been yearning for old school art these days so I tend to use those types of images for my avatars.

I am a digital artist by trade but have rekindled my love of all things analog. In my Seafra game I use many of my ink and pen drawings as images. Here is one of my drawings
https://s10.postimg.org/drffudus9/Seafra_City.jpgimage upload no compression
Jan 30, 2017 8:28 am
@aaronschmidt that drawing is awesome! I love all the tiny little details!
Feb 27, 2017 5:43 am
Mine is half of my user namesake. Anja is the narcotics patrol dog my spouse trained as part of a mentorship. She's basically a high maintenance working pet since neither of us are law enforcement. And she's my favorite dog. ..
Feb 27, 2017 10:13 am
I stumbled upon mine on Pintrest (I think) basically I think it's what I'd look like if I were an Elf
Feb 27, 2017 4:35 pm
Big last airbender and korra fan i just changed mine to the Villains of Korra

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/475BCB6F-8481-4E19-A19C-CD248544B7B2_zpszmcyethw.jpg
Feb 27, 2017 6:08 pm
I am a rabbit who rides a snail with the head of a monk. I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled across this image.

Really, I just like the playfulness of the image. Medieval monks drew rabbits committing violent acts on humans into the margins of manuscripts as a sort of world turned upside down inversion. The images revealed the cowardice of the person getting pummeled by the rabbits.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.