What's in your Avatar?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 27, 2017 9:27 pm
Mine's a picture I took while out on a photo hike. The crow was flying into a tree and it was overcast but still bright so you cant see any detail on the crow except the outline. Still one of my favorite photos to date.

Len

Mar 20, 2017 4:32 am
Mine is a picture of me at Machu Picchu, Peru.

I chose this Avatar because I am running X1: Isle of Dread, which is a D&D wilderness survival game in the jungle. My only experience surviving in the jungle was when I walked Peru's Inca Trail with my wife in 2009 and got really sick. I couldn't eat for four days, and had to walk all day for miles up steep mountain trails. By the end, I was a little loopy and had a really beautiful experience in the lost city that deeply affected me for the better. On the flight home, the sickness turned out to be viral, and it attack my heart and almost killed me. It was one of those "Is there a doctor on the plane" moments you see in movies. Fortunately for me, there were two cardiologists who were celebrated experts in their fields returning to Canada from a conference! I rolled a few more 20's and came out fine on the other side.

I figure walking through a jungle, battling starvation, and nearly dying pretty much sums up the Isle of Dread!
Mar 31, 2017 7:49 pm
My avatar is me!

In the early '90s I did model photography for an artist friend of mine. He did a number of full-page B&W drawings for the first Vampire: The Masquerade, including one of me in a cemetery. My copy of the book is in a box somewhere, so I have no idea which vampire I'm supposed to represent. The drawing got taken out in a later edition (along with my photo credit) for some reason. I got drunk at GenCon one year and badgered the poor guy at the White Wolf booth wanting to know why I was no longer in the book.
May 9, 2017 1:14 am
Ok, I'll resurrect this thread with the story...

I was invited to play in a high-level Pathfinder game and created a Human Paladin with such a kick-ass backstory that the DM let me have an adult Silver Dragon as a Paladin Mount/Cohort (it's ok, you can be jealous... we all know that Paizo absolutely hates the idea of anyone riding a dragon so they totally made it RAW impossible for it to happen by twisting the "balanced" designs like turdballs).

The introduction of the two characters (the Paladin and the woman's form that the Dragon usually wore when not "working") was so well crafted by both me and the DM that the players still cheer about it years later. Even the folks who care about "game balance" accepted the team because it was played so well.

Fell in love with the circumstance, so I have a thing for dragons...

Keleth's note: Just a reminder, the public forums are PG-13, so just be mindful of the language used :)

Edit: Ugh... I'll make a pass over all my posts to clean things up. Apologies
Last edited May 9, 2017 6:46 pm
Aug 23, 2017 1:07 am
My avatar is Luke, and it means that it's time for the Jedi to end...

https://image.ibb.co/jc6tHQ/17971997_1503820979651100_7605347078117040153_o.jpg

(might also simply mean that I'm a Star Wars fan and I was looking around for something original as my avatar)

edit: Seems I'm necroing as well :) It's a fun thread, though!
Last edited August 23, 2017 1:08 am
Aug 24, 2017 3:10 pm
My avatar is about a decade old, drawn by another artist friend of mine back when orly owls were a meme and she was drawing variations of our signature characters in similar poses. I've kept it for most places I go to since.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.