Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Jan 30, 2017 9:52 pm
thedandyman says:
Also Also: I was hoping to play Force and Destiny instead of Edge of the Empire, actually, but the core rulebook is out of stock and selling for $150+ on amazon :(
Insane what happens to those prices. Not 100% sure, but I vaguely remember something about it not being printed anymore by FFG. Or it's just out of stock, waiting to be reprinted for sale at FFG.
thedandyman says:
It seems I'm just really bad at remembering the stuff Leth can do, because I totally should have made some poultices while Vhezyen was casting his ritual. Is it too late to retcon that?
You know, when we hit the island, I thought people might want to take some time to get our bearings, plan, recon a bit around the treeline. Part of the reason I just went ahead and did the Find Familiar ritual; I just didn't envision people jumping out of the boat and marching straight into the jungle without having some kind of plan.
Jan 30, 2017 9:55 pm
Yeah, we can retcon the poultices, you had plenty of time for those. I assumed you bought the fire arrows, nobody objected. Was Mordred keeping track of party loot? (Maybe y'all should divvy up shares when you come into money.)
Feb 2, 2017 12:40 am
Yeah, I've been tracking party loot. It's on my character sheet if anyone wants to check it out.
Feb 2, 2017 12:47 am
And yes, you got the fire arrows.
Feb 20, 2017 9:19 pm
If any of you are like me and like to read along with some games, and are also interested in a story where the 'villains' are center stage (the PC's are the spearhead of a resurgent Sith empire, circa 8 years after Return of the Jedi, altered canon to make things more interesting), the FFG Star Wars game I'm GMing just went public (link below):

Star Wars: Vanguard of Darkness
Feb 20, 2017 10:31 pm
Cool. I'm interested in how the FFG SW game works mechanically, I've only ever played D&D.
Feb 20, 2017 11:13 pm
It's actually a really nice system. It takes a little getting used to, but is extremely versatile. It's such a nice system that it would be my first choice if I was, for example, to create a custom game from the ground up. I know another gamer on GP has done it already, IIRC.
Feb 24, 2017 7:17 am
The Force and Destiny book actually came back in stock recently so I got one and we just did our character creation night tonight. Looking through the force powers, a lot of these look like a lot of fun - you can work your way up to some really crazy Force powers. Excited to dig more into it!
Mar 14, 2017 7:55 am
I may not be around much until Thursday - on a much needed mini-vacation.
Mar 20, 2017 8:55 am
Quote:
"They are mad!" "What profane ritual is this??"
Arts criticism has a long way to go on Bload.
Mar 20, 2017 6:20 pm
The group has a proud history of using the arts to advance its mission too - puppet shows, music, dances, mimes, and sketches. Maybe our true purpose is to raise the level of artistic awareness.
Mar 24, 2017 3:47 pm
Sorry if things are moving a little slowly, I am having One Of Those Months.
Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm
Me too, Octo, so I haven't even noticed. Thanks again for everything. If you ever make it out to North Carolina, let me know so I can buy you dinner or drinks or something.
Mar 24, 2017 5:50 pm
And here I was thinking that I was having one of those months and I haven't been able to participate much and I hope I'm not holding anything up.

No worries octo! Loving the game, loving the depth everything has, and I'll just echo rocksteady's offer - if you ever find yourself in Alberta, let me know! I won't commit to actually meeting up until I know where in Alberta, because it's a big place. Actually, that goes for any of you.
Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm
Hey guys, this is Vhezyen's exit. Let him go to his watery grave.

Octo and I talked about this a few weeks ago, and we thought killing him off would be a good exit (hence the narrative awhile back wherein Vhezyen sensed doom, dismissed Quggyeb, etc). We've been trying, but you guys keep healing him! Understandably so, but the man has danced with the reaper three times now in one day, perhaps it's safe to assume nothing will bring him back after that last attack by the jinn, the one that put him underwater.

I know in old D&D he would probably have failed a system shock roll by now...
Apr 18, 2017 7:26 pm
Sorry to see you go! Thanks for playing, Vhez's sacrifice will not be in vain!
Apr 19, 2017 6:38 am
So soon? D:

Glad you got to join our fun anyway, even if only for a little bit!
Apr 19, 2017 7:07 am
Not sure how BullOctorok is playing it, but I think you can only apply non-lethal damage with a melee weapon. I wouldn't mind a house-rule that says we can incapacitate someone with ranged attacks, of course.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.