Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Aug 9, 2017 6:52 pm
I'll snag the fireball scrolls then; it seems like the rest are ones I can't use.
Aug 10, 2017 11:20 am
Mordred will take the Burning Hands scrolls, then.

We also still have this stuff in ~*Party Loot*~ from our previous exploits:

703 GP

dozen and a half large gems, uncut or roughly cut: topaz, amethyst, tourmaline, garnet, citrine, peridot

1 Chain Shirt (AC 13; DEX +2 max) and Shield (+2)

1 Potion of Healing
1 Potion of Giant Strength

1 scroll of Unseen Servant

2 Rings of Spell Storing

1 shovel
1 hunting trap
2 manacles

--Scroll Case
--Pen
--Bottle of Ink
--Paper x10
--Sealing Wax
--Candle x4
--Chalk x4

--Mirror, steel
--Caltrops (bag of 20)

--Thieves' Tools
--Crowbar
--Hammer

--50 ft hemp rope
--Pitons x10

--Torches x10
--Tinderbox

--Bedroll
--Blanket
--Waterskin
--Rations x10
Last edited August 10, 2017 11:21 am
Aug 10, 2017 4:21 pm
If you can use a fireball scroll feel free to let me know; not trying to hog them. Hm. We should work on divvying this all up or something. Maybe I'll throw together a google doc for what we have, so it's easier to keep track of than a series of moving forum posts.
Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm
Ok, I threw up a Google Doc with everything I'm aware of being unclaimed - here it is.

For the moment, I've kept it to view only - since this game is public, I don't want others outside the game to futz with it. Want something? Post here, and I'll update the list.
Aug 10, 2017 6:14 pm
Great job, nubs. Thanks.

EDIT: I've deleted the party loot section from Mordred's character sheet, so it's all only on the Google Doc to avoid confusion.
Last edited August 10, 2017 6:15 pm
Aug 17, 2017 6:22 pm
Gonna take the standard median HP this level.

I don't really get much at level 6 aside from a new favored terrain and favored enemy, which in 5e, really doesn't do much anyway. No combat bonuses or anything, just a bit of a boost to track them and intelligence checks about them. Regardless, the PHB recommends you pick enemies and terrains that reflect your experiences, and clearly the most common enemies we have faced this campaign are humans. That leaves me with one other humanoid race to choose from, and I'm having some difficulty remembering if we've run into any other humanoid races. I know there were some goblins in the badgerways, but that's about all I can recall at the moment without a detailed search through the past chapters. Can anyone else remember any notable humanoid enemies we've faced?

There's also the matter of terrain, and I think we've honestly spent the most time exploring around in caves since leaving Sthombo, but there's not an "underground" option, just the Underdark, which is a completely different thing, right? As in, taking underdark as my favored terrain would not grant me the normal Favored Terrain bonuses if we were just poking around a cavern?

Edit: Also, I think I'll take the special arrows, unless Terra would like to split them with me?
Last edited August 17, 2017 6:23 pm
Aug 18, 2017 5:29 pm
For purposes of book-keeping, thedandyman, I will show them as having gone to you. When Terra pops back up (sounds like life is busy!) you guys can handle the split.
Aug 25, 2017 11:54 am
Hey, forgive my terrible memory, but I could use a little "Previously on The Lost History of Bload..." Did we have a post-Pafthinel plan? How does what we learned from him inform our next moves? I can't remember if we have a lead on where the Sphere is now or not...
Aug 25, 2017 12:00 pm
Sorry for not showing up for a while, my wife broke her leg a couple of weeks ago so life has been extremely busy!
Aug 25, 2017 4:26 pm
Review the first few pages of chapter five...

You have a lead on the Sphere, it's at Edvers' "second home by the sea" and Zora hinted that there's a fish shop in Sthombo that could direct you to the exact location.

While you were adventuring on Vorch, the Hierophant sent an army to track down the 6PC and, if possible, rescue Martjan.

The logical post-Vorch plan would be to return to Hazard, report your findings to Gethro, and find out what happened with the army's raid on the 6PC base.

Hope your wife's doing OK, NIH!
Aug 29, 2017 1:53 pm
Thanks, Octo! I cast Cure Wounds on notinventedhere's wife's leg!

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8)

(3) = 3

Aug 29, 2017 3:57 pm
Thanks but we got a high-level Surgeon to cast Conjure Intramedullary Rod on her tibia a couple of weeks ago.
Aug 29, 2017 6:58 pm
That sounds like potent magic! I hope her recovery is swift and that all mends true.
Sep 15, 2017 1:23 am
I just realized I never finished leveling up because I never decided for sure what my new favored ranger stuff would be.

What humanoid race (other than human) have we run into the most this campaign?

And would taking Underdark as my favored terrain help with checks in standard caves/underground areas? If not I'm not sure which new terrain type to take.
Last edited September 15, 2017 1:24 am
Sep 15, 2017 3:02 am
Elves and a tiefling, from what I remember.
Sep 15, 2017 4:55 pm
Sure, we'll go with a loose definition of Underdark here.
Sep 15, 2017 7:57 pm
We did see a dragonborn briefly, during the fight in Hazard.
Sep 15, 2017 8:18 pm
BullOctorok says:
Am I under something? Check.
Is it dark? Check.
Underdark = confirmed
Sep 15, 2017 11:53 pm
BullOctorok says:
Awesome! There's not really an option for an underground favored terrain other than Underdark, so I was hoping that would count. Also I don't even know if there *is* an underdark in Bload; I figured the badgerways might be the rough equivalent?
Sep 16, 2017 1:16 am
We also saw dog-men, or what I assume were gnolls, that Zangua and Shamush were running with for a brief while.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.