Systems List

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 23, 2015 3:27 am
If you haven't check it out yet, on the main menu at the top of each page, there is now a Systems link! Its a neat new page that lists out all the systems currently live on Gamers' Plane, along with some details about the system such as its publisher and genre(s), and I'll slowly populate it with links to core items you can buy (through my referral links, available at the bottom of the site on every page) to get started with that system. I'll eventually populate it with things like online resources as well. I have a few plans for this functionality overall, specially when I get to decoupling systems from character sheets.

Head on over and check it out and leave your feedback here! You can scroll through the list page by page (all 2 pages, for now), or type on the filter bar on the left to narrow your search. The filter button isn't necessary for now, but will eventually let you pick you pick by genre as well!

The next step is converting every reference of system on the site to use the new system added for the Systems page to work. That'll be longer, and a bit more painful, as it has the potential to break games entirely.
Mar 23, 2015 1:37 pm
For the custom game, it should be "Publisher: You".
Mar 23, 2015 1:52 pm
Heh, I like that.
Mar 23, 2015 3:32 pm
I see a blank list with a "no systems found" message when I visit that page (Chrome, Win7).

In IE8 it shows a blank entry with a broken image and
Publisher:
Genres: {{genre}}{{$last?'':','}}
Mar 23, 2015 3:42 pm
Gamers' Plane doesn't support IE8 and down. It should have given a notice for that.

As for Chrome, Win7, that should be working, as that's what it's designed on. Can you try a force refresh (hold shift, click the refresh button)?
Mar 24, 2015 12:54 am
I thought it wasn't working on my iPad, but then the systems popped in after a second or two delay. There is an occasional hang I experience where the site won't respond, so maybe that's why notinventedhere experienced the issue.
Mar 24, 2015 1:50 am
If I click on the "Players Handbook" link under D&D5E it takes me right back to the systems page.
Mar 24, 2015 2:11 am
Fixed it szemely!
Mar 24, 2015 2:12 am
Keleth says:
Fixed it szemely!
Much better. Thanks!
Mar 24, 2015 10:42 am
What do mean by live? There's a game currently in progress using the system?
Mar 24, 2015 11:06 am
Not that there's a game running of it, but while I'm trying to change this, currently to put a system up on Gamers' Plane, I have to build its character sheet first. I'm working to eliminate that need with an interim solution. So when I say systems live on Gamers' Plane, I mean systems you can search for/make a game for/play in.
Mar 24, 2015 12:19 pm
Ah, I see
Last edited March 24, 2015 1:00 pm
Mar 24, 2015 12:39 pm
Did a hard refresh but still no Systems showing up. Could be something blocking it on my work PC though, I'll check again at home later.
Mar 24, 2015 2:38 pm
It does require an AJAX call, which means you need to have Javascript enabled. A lot of stuff on this site needs Javascript, so I have to assume you have it working. The only thing I can assume is that it blocks my api subodomain.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.