Feature Request: Custom Character Sheet

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 21, 2016 2:28 pm
I was wondering if it would be possible to add the formatting options that we have when posting (i.e. Bolding, Italics, Underline and colors, etc.) to the Custom Character sheet box?

Obviously they work OK now, and we need the option they provide for games that don't have their own sheets, but I would find it useful to have them for various reasons. For example, being able to bold text would allow your eye to pick text right out rather than search for it

Sorry if this has been asked about before, I looked at the 2 most recent pages of the Site Discussion forum and didn't see it addressed.
Dec 21, 2016 2:33 pm
Perhaps in the D&D character sheet for 5E a section for current hit points could be added ?
Dec 21, 2016 3:36 pm
It's probably one of my most wanted features :-)
Dec 21, 2016 5:18 pm
Yeah, I wish I could do that as well ever since I joined Gamersplane...
Dec 21, 2016 6:27 pm
So... this has been my own stupidity. I added functionality to encompass this months ago, and then just never activated it...

Enjoy your BBcode in notes on all character sheets, through the BB editor will only show up on Custom sheets right now (you can enter BB code into non-custom character note fields manually right now).
Dec 21, 2016 7:35 pm
I love you right now, Keleth!
Dec 22, 2016 2:20 am
Woot woot /davidleerothkaratekick
Dec 22, 2016 2:38 am
Yeah, it seems to be pretty hit and miss... Those seems to work only when they feel like it...
Dec 22, 2016 3:07 am
kalajel says:
Yeah, it seems to be pretty hit and miss... Those seems to work only when they feel like it...
Sorry, I don't follow. Not working consistently?
Dec 22, 2016 10:35 am
Keleth says:
Enjoy your BBcode in notes on all character sheets, through the BB editor will only show up on Custom sheets right now (you can enter BB code into non-custom character note fields manually right now).
This was all I wanted for Christmas! No, really! You, Keleth, are the man!
Last edited December 22, 2016 10:36 am
Dec 22, 2016 12:55 pm
Keleth says:
kalajel says:
Sorry, I don't follow. Not working consistently?
Yeah. I've tried it on two of my custom sheet. On one it simply refused to work. On the other, it worked for the most part (well the bold did), but most of the color refused to work.
Dec 22, 2016 1:02 pm
If bold worked, colors had to work; the same function drives all of them. Maybe it was a syntax issue?

I'll look into why some character sheets aren't working. I can say that Custom works 100%. The others should work, but now that I think about it, some of the older ones may be on a slightly different mechanism. The Angular driven char sheets will definitely work.
Dec 22, 2016 1:27 pm
So, does that means that we have to redo our old character sheets?
Dec 22, 2016 2:15 pm
kalajel says:
So, does that means that we have to redo our old character sheets?
Sorry, I don't follow. Redo in what sense?
Dec 22, 2016 4:58 pm
A sheet of Jabes' that I looked at made me realize we can now put actual links into our sheets. I'm so excited right now!
Dec 22, 2016 5:14 pm
Yeah it's awesome!

Has anyone successfully embedded an image? I tried but it didn't take.
Dec 22, 2016 5:22 pm
Images should be fine. If there are continued troubles, send me a link to an example sheet and I'll take a look.
Dec 22, 2016 5:33 pm
Took a few tries, but it finally worked! What was happening was: I would insert the image using the toolbar, and then I would hit Save and the sheet would save but without the image (the tag and the image url would disappear). Same result when putting the tag in manually. But yeah it worked after a few tries.
Last edited December 22, 2016 5:34 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.