D&D 5e: Artificer (New Class)

Jan 9, 2017 9:27 pm
I haven't seen a post on this yet, but Unearthed Arcana just featured a new Base Class, The Artificer.

Upon first inspection, I don't think it's outright busted, but it definitely seems stronger than most PHB classes. Maybe that's just because it's new and shiny, though.
Jan 9, 2017 10:09 pm
It does seem very strong to me. Especially the Mechanical Servant having some strong bonuses over the Animal Companion that Rangers can get. That said, it looks all kinds of fun.
Last edited January 9, 2017 10:10 pm
Jan 9, 2017 10:51 pm
KennyGardnerIII says:
That said, it looks all kinds of fun.
Oh, absolutely. Now I need to find another D&D 5e game that'll allow it. :)
Jan 9, 2017 11:39 pm
I know that the level 20 ability is outrageous.

Double the attunements and a +1 to all saves for each attuned item is way beyond even most other level 20 abilities.
Jan 10, 2017 12:26 am
MoMo says:
KennyGardnerIII says:
That said, it looks all kinds of fun.
Oh, absolutely. Now I need to find another D&D 5e game that'll allow it. :)
On it!
Jan 10, 2017 2:53 am
I really like the idea of the gunsmith, some sort of mechanomage who thought "I wonder if I can put a lightning or fire spell into a little box? Then push a button to release it!" I wanna try it one day.
Jan 30, 2017 11:47 pm
As of now I am playing it in a game, but have yet to do any battles with it. I'll keep you all posted on what comes of it.
Jan 31, 2017 5:50 am
Yeah, I'm playing it in the game that Nabbicus started. Playing an alchemist gnome. Seems about as strong as I was thinking, so far :p
May 31, 2017 7:59 pm
Update on the Mystic and the Artificer!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.