Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Apr 25, 2017 10:45 pm
BullOctorok sent a note to CancerMan
Felor wonders if the jinn perhaps sent Zangua to the elemental realms that jinn call home.
Apr 25, 2017 10:51 pm
CancerMan sent a note to BullOctorok
Apr 26, 2017 11:36 pm
"It may be that the jinn sent Zangua to some other elemental plane... perhaps the realm from whence it was summonded. But... how we would go about rescuing him... well, jinns and elemental realms are not really my area of expertise."
Apr 27, 2017 4:54 am
Leth is at a bit of a loss for words, trying to take in all that happened in the past couple minutes. After a moment, he makes his way over to Vhezyen's body and bows his head.

"Vhezyen... we did not know you long, but you gave your life for our quest. That is a debt we will not soon forget." He pauses for a moment, and says to himself, "This island will be the death of us... we should never have come."

He looks over to Felor. "I know nothing of travel between planes either, but if anyone would, it would be Pafthinel. I fear the Jinn may reach him first and prevent us from obtaining the knowledge we need. If we can, we should find him as soon as possible. To that end..." He glances at the rest of the party. "I have some healing salves, if anyone is in need of them. It would be wise to avoid expending further magical energies, if we can help it."

I have three poultices, each heal 3d6 HP, if anyone needs them.
Last edited April 27, 2017 4:09 pm
Apr 27, 2017 8:23 am
If we're happy to wait 10 mins I can use Prayer of Healing to heal everyone for 2d8+3. It's the only healing spell I have left and has a 10 min cast time so not something I can use in battle.
Last edited April 27, 2017 8:24 am
Apr 27, 2017 2:58 pm
Domarc bows his head during Leth's words, and then looks around at the remaining members - Felor, Modrred, Leth.

"I hate to be the one to suggest it, but we should take what items we can from Vhezyen that might help in our journey. We are in bad shape now and any advantage we can find we will need. And let us not lose hope for Zangua yet, though if he went to that Jinn's home plane - well, I hope he can swim. But we must balance our need for urgency with our need to survive. I have no significant magic left to me, and today has proven that I am not well-equipped in a fight against what is on this island."
OOC:
I'm out of spells, and I think it's night now...I'm not sure how well we'd do trying to cut across island at night? The advantage we have - I think - on the Jinn is that we know where Pafthinel is. And Pafthinel seems no slouch in the magic department; I'm not sure how that battle might go.

At the very least, a short rest to allow some of our abilities to refresh?
Apr 27, 2017 5:14 pm
For what it is worth, Mordred is unharmed and a short rest won't get him back any spells or abilities, so I'm ready to press on, but if others have reason to stop, I'm OK with that.

Do we want to head directly to the other hill, or is there more in this cave we want to explore?
Apr 27, 2017 5:40 pm
I think there's still one sealed door that we weren't able to open. However, given what happened this time, I'm not sure we want to.
Apr 27, 2017 7:05 pm
"Do you think if we leave now, there's a chance we can track the creature?"
Apr 27, 2017 9:05 pm
"If it stays as a cloud of mist, I don't think we have a chance. Actually, I'm a bit worried it might track us to help it locate Pafthinel."
Apr 28, 2017 3:47 pm
BullOctorok sent a note to CancerMan
The party's deliberations are interrupted by a sudden explosion of water in the middle of the room, and something lands with a hard splash.

The glaive is what gives it away first. It's Zangua, who stands up on shaky legs, then quickly doubles over, coughing and retching up foamy water.
Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm
Yes!

"By the Hells! Zangua, what happened to you?"
Apr 28, 2017 4:22 pm
Zangua vomits, spitting out lungfuls of water. Through eyes half-lidded and strained, he looks around at blurry recognizable shapes. "Where... where is she?" he finally coughs. He presses his free hand to his knee, struggling to stand again.
Apr 28, 2017 4:59 pm
"She...well, she left," Domarc says. "She killed Vhezyen, and you were gone, and we managed to convince her to at least stop beating on us. But she plans to go beat on Pafthinel next."
Apr 28, 2017 8:09 pm
"Which way?" he coughs, forcing the words out. Zangua uses his glaive as a crutch and looks to follow, ready to take off once he has a direction.
May 1, 2017 2:53 pm
"That way," Domarc says, pointing at an exit. "She went a little misty, though."
May 1, 2017 4:17 pm
What's the immediate plan for the party right now? Rest, or pursuit?
May 1, 2017 4:46 pm
Zangua pursues, alone if he has to. There is a determination to his sodden face and drenched hair.
May 1, 2017 5:20 pm
"Guess it's time for round 2," Domarc says, heading after Zangua.
May 2, 2017 12:32 am
"God's teeth, Zangua! Wait!" Felor calls after the man in vain. He quickly collects his shield then follows the other two out of the cavern.
load next

Thread locked