13th Age char sheet update

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 12, 2017 2:52 pm
Apparently, the 13th Age char sheet has been calcing some things incorrectly for a while and no one's told me? I guess not enough people are playing it, which is unfortunate; I tried it for the first time last year and I really enjoyed it.

That said, I'm currently working on updating it, as it's currently one of the worse existing char sheet IMO. For those of you who have used it, any thoughts/suggestions/wishes? I'm considering how I can improve Icon Relationships but I'm not sure what would be good from a play perspective. Anything about the sheet that doesn't really make sense or doesn't really work well?
Jan 12, 2017 4:50 pm
I haven't noticed any miscalculations....but I'll rerun the numbers for my characters and see if there's any discrepancies. What are you seeing as being inaccurate?

The Icon Relationships section would definitely be one that I'd like to see improvement. What I'd like to see would be a text field for the Icon Name, a number/text field for the strength of the relationships (usually a rating of 1-3), and a toggle field for the type of relationships (Positive, Conflicted, Negative).

I'd also like to see a number field next to each of the Background entries as those are assigned a numeric value as well. RAW those background bonuses are always positive, but I've seen some house rules where players can obtain negative background points, so maybe a text field for the value instead of a number value?

Feats are typically assigned to an existing Ability/Power/Spell. Not sure if you'd be able to nest those instead of having the Feat section separate. Also, being able to indicate which tier of Feat it is would be helpful (Adventurer, Champion, Epic)

I'd also like to see the Attacks section be improved upon to better reflect the actual weapons. As it is, there's the base stats for Melee vs Ranged attacks, but no place to record what the actual weapons are (unless you add them as an Attack).

A field for GP would be nice, but not necessary. The notes section is usable enough for that. Though updating the Notes sections to support BB code (Bold, Italic, Underline, etc) would be fantastic!

There's no place to record magical items nor what Chakra they use.
Jan 12, 2017 4:53 pm
One other thing, which may be beyond the scope of what you're asking would be to pull in the information from the free SRD (13thagesrd.com). I don't know if there's an API for that, but it would certainly save time copy/pasting.
Jan 12, 2017 5:02 pm
njohn858 says:
I haven't noticed any miscalculations....but I'll rerun the numbers for my characters and see if there's any discrepancies. What are you seeing as being inaccurate?
Right now, it's adding half the level to fields that I believe should be a full level added (like under the stat bonus)?
njohn858 says:
The Icon Relationships section would definitely be one that I'd like to see improvement. What I'd like to see would be a text field for the Icon Name, a number/text field for the strength of the relationships (usually a rating of 1-3), and a toggle field for the type of relationships (Positive, Conflicted, Negative).
I can try to work on that.
njohn858 says:
I'd also like to see a number field next to each of the Background entries as those are assigned a numeric value as well. RAW those background bonuses are always positive, but I've seen some house rules where players can obtain negative background points, so maybe a text field for the value instead of a number value?
Easy enough to add.
njohn858 says:
Feats are typically assigned to an existing Ability/Power/Spell. Not sure if you'd be able to nest those instead of having the Feat section separate. Also, being able to indicate which tier of Feat it is would be helpful (Adventurer, Champion, Epic)
I don't understand the first part of this; I'll have to do more research.
njohn858 says:
I'd also like to see the Attacks section be improved upon to better reflect the actual weapons. As it is, there's the base stats for Melee vs Ranged attacks, but no place to record what the actual weapons are (unless you add them as an Attack).
Yup, I'll need to look this up to figure out what the data looks like.
njohn858 says:
A field for GP would be nice, but not necessary. The notes section is usable enough for that. Though updating the Notes sections to support BB code (Bold, Italic, Underline, etc) would be fantastic!
It's not obvious, but all notes sections should support bbcode now.
njohn858 says:
There's no place to record magical items nor what Chakra they use.
No idea about this either :(
Jan 12, 2017 5:14 pm
I think it's fine as is but the additions mentioned would help since Magical Items work a bit differently having a section for that item (plus chakra slot) couldn't hurt (You can in truth use Powers/Spells or Ability/Talent just fine though).
Last edited January 12, 2017 5:15 pm
Jan 12, 2017 5:26 pm
Keleth says:
njohn858 says:
Right now, it's adding half the level to fields that I believe should be a full level added (like under the stat bonus)?
Ah. I have noticed that - but only while Editing the char. If I view the saved char sheet, the Stat+Lvl bonus is calculated correctly.
Keleth says:
njohn858 says:
I've tried adding some Bold to the notes field on my char sheet, but it's just showing the code:
http://gamersplane.com/characters/13thage/2851/
Jan 12, 2017 5:48 pm
njohn858 says:
Keleth says:
njohn858 says:
I've tried adding some Bold to the notes field on my char sheet, but it's just showing the code:
http://gamersplane.com/characters/13thage/2851/
BUG!
Jan 18, 2017 5:19 pm
Another thought I just had is that it'd be nice to have a checkbox next to the spells/powers to indicate whether or not they've been used as a fair number of them can only be used once a day, once per battle, or once per heal-up.

I suppose having support for BB Code in the spell/power name would be enough - we could just add the strikethrough code to indicate it having been used.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.