Character creation and development

Apr 9, 2015 5:00 am
here's a place for you to hash out your touch sixth world biker types.

compare beard lengths, tats, any contacts or things of that nature.
Apr 9, 2015 8:24 pm
Are the lunatics welcoming to non-human metatypes? Kind of tempted to go Orc.
Apr 9, 2015 11:42 pm
I'm thinking it would be very dwarf, ork and troll friendly, elves and humans aren't entirely excluded from membership, but they'd have to be tough as hell.
Apr 10, 2015 4:04 am
Are we going to have to buy our bikes? I'm not sure how much they cost, I don't have many 5e books, though I could get a number from a 4e splatbook.
Apr 10, 2015 4:45 am
Grendelthebrave says:
Are we going to have to buy our bikes? I'm not sure how much they cost, I don't have many 5e books, though I could get a number from a 4e splatbook.
Tell you what, since the bikes are pretty important to the club I'll let you initially purchase them at half of the normal price.

Normal listing for a stock Harley Davidson Scorpion is 12,000¥
I would think tough biker types wouldn't be into crotch rockets but if you want one that's okay,
Yamaha growler is 5,000¥
Suzuki mirage is 8,000¥

And if course, a dodge scoot is 3,000¥

Any extra do-dads are at the regular price.

I Don't have anything but the core book, and am not really sure if there's anything else out there yet.
Apr 10, 2015 4:47 am
Fair enough, that's awesome. I was expecting it to be much more expensive for some reason. Part of me is giggling pretty hard at the idea of a huge troll rolling up on a Dodge scoot just begging someone to say something.
Apr 10, 2015 6:35 am
Hey brother, Trogs don't have to compensate for anything
Apr 10, 2015 6:38 am
If you want to reskin your bike into something else like a fat boy or wide glide or even some kind of cusom chopper that's perfectly fine, it's stats will simply remain the same.
Apr 10, 2015 1:24 pm
I was originally aiming for human, mostly because of the resources, skills, and stats required for a half decent Decker. I might go for the "sufficiently hardcore to be a member" angle but the character angle I'm aiming for is more "guy who works for the bikers for the creds instead of the company" might make more sense if I drop some Karma on being an in-the-closet Orc Poser.

Thoughts?
Apr 10, 2015 1:30 pm
Also the distinctive style quality seems to be associated with things like tattoos and what not that are unique to the character. Does that also cover things like disfigurements that would be impossible to cover up?
Apr 10, 2015 1:53 pm
Yeah, Orc poser definitely works, I'm sure the club would be happy to have a good decker on hand and not necessarily a devotee of the biker life in order to get around the PCC's borders and the other various headaches of sneaking contraband in and out of the various areas of Denver. Of course they'd still expect loyalty

I would think distinctive style would be more along the lines of "huh, it's weird that guys at a job interview wearing gloves" in order to cover up his hand tats. Not impossible to disguise things like scars, it just makes him slightly odder in appearance thereby making him more memorable.
Apr 10, 2015 3:01 pm
Sure, I can do loyalty. Or fake loyalty. You know.

Ah ok, that makes sense.

And yeah I figure it's something of a symbiotic relationship. He's loyal enough that's not going to turn on the gang, they need a Decker even if he hasn't bought in 100%.
Apr 10, 2015 3:15 pm
Oooh. Are we up and running... uhm... rollin'? :)

Will try to cook up a character this weekend. I'm thinking either dwarf or human right now. Not quite sure.
Apr 10, 2015 3:20 pm
I'm up to gear at this point which (it being Shadowrun) is taking forever. I've only ever played face smashers before and I don't think I ever appreciated just how much little details Deckers need to be up and running. Reading up on agents now.
Apr 10, 2015 4:10 pm
I made a decker in 4e once, and it was a nightmare keeping track of all the ICs and agents. Didn't things get a little simpler when they brought back the decks? Or is that just another bag complications?
Apr 10, 2015 5:19 pm
They simplified deck stats I think, you have 4 that you can swap through on the fly as a Free Action, along with whatever programs. But yeah there's a bunch of additional stuff I'm still slogging through. Apparently I can set up and be the master of a PAN and thus prevent other people from jacking into my gear, but I can also jack into and disable other people's gear, or something.
Apr 10, 2015 5:37 pm
So I just double checked and it looks like scars are covered under Distinctive Style, so that's back on the table.
Apr 10, 2015 5:52 pm
So other than contacts and converting for Nuyen is there anything I NEED to spend starter Karma on? I ended up dropping 7 karma on an extra 14,000Y for some augs I needed, picked up a few contacts, and now I'm left with a bunch leftover.
Apr 10, 2015 11:47 pm
DeusMalum says:
They simplified deck stats I think, you have 4 that you can swap through on the fly as a Free Action, along with whatever programs. But yeah there's a bunch of additional stuff I'm still slogging through. Apparently I can set up and be the master of a PAN and thus prevent other people from jacking into my gear, but I can also jack into and disable other people's gear, or something.
I don't know if you listen to any podcasts, but the arcology podcast did an episode devoted to them, (as well as most other archetypes)

http://arcologypodcast.com/episode-007-deckers-and-technomancers-shadowrunner-dossier-2/
Apr 11, 2015 12:59 am
Awesome I'll check it out. I looked up a few blogs on putting together deckers and was going off of that for gear (picking up EVERY program is actually super cheap compared to the other costs).
load next

Thread locked