Adventures in Middle Earth

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 1, 2017 6:27 pm
Adventures in Middle Earth takes the setting and some of the game mechanics of The One Ring and use the OGL (Open Gaming License) system as a new way to bring it about. Basically -- it uses DND 5E as the underlying game mechanic/system and layers Middle Earth on top of it.

I'm running a One Ring campaign now, and am interest in kicking off an Adventures in Middle Earth campaign as a way to explore the ins and outs of the two systems and see if there's a better one for Middle Earth or not -- or which one might be more fun to run (or play in!).

That said, the One Ring campaign I have is fun -- but has moderately limited interest. :) So before I go off creating another Middle Earth campaign, I thought I'd ask if there was any interest in participating in such a beast. If not, I'll bide my time for some future date. :)
Feb 1, 2017 6:31 pm
I've always wanted to try it, so I'm down!
Feb 1, 2017 6:36 pm
Fair warning, I've played some 5E here, but never run it -- so as you're an experienced 5E player you may be poking me along on how to not screw things up. ;)
Last edited February 1, 2017 6:40 pm
Feb 1, 2017 6:45 pm
I'll try it out. I only have D&D5e resources, though; what else would be required?
Feb 1, 2017 6:54 pm
I'm up for it, have been looking forwards to getting a game in since I picked up the players guide 😊
Feb 1, 2017 7:17 pm
I don't think anything else is necessarily required -- there are some new concepts I could explain. But if you were of a mind to have something handy the Player's Guide PDF is $20 on DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.
Feb 1, 2017 7:20 pm
falryx says:
I don't think anything else is necessarily required -- there are some new concepts I could explain. But if you were of a mind to have something handy the Player's Guide PDF is $20 on DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.
That's the One Ring player's guide?
Feb 1, 2017 8:08 pm
Nope - here's the link I have:

Adventures in Middle Earth
Feb 1, 2017 11:14 pm
Put me down in reserve, though I'm sure you'll get plenty of people!
Feb 1, 2017 11:16 pm
I'd like to play. I bought the PG a few weeks ago.
Feb 3, 2017 4:31 am
Okee dokee. I'll read up on AIME and the lore masters guide, then re-read salient parts of the 5E rules and get something kicked off.
Feb 7, 2017 3:55 pm
I'll probably get something rolling towards the end of this month -- I've got a vacation coming up so won't kick it until after that. :)
Feb 25, 2017 10:50 pm
Posted the game here should folks still be interested. I'll give priority to the folks in the thread.
Feb 25, 2017 10:51 pm
I'm going to give newer people a chance to get in on this first before i apply, because I don't want to hog all of the games :)
Feb 25, 2017 11:02 pm
Fair enough. :) Note that as a warning, I'm new to DMing 5E, so some more experience GP folks with high tolerance for my own mis-steps would be welcome. :) I have done these adventures via the One Ring ruleset, so I'm pretty familiar with the adventure material, it's just how it's mapped into OGL that's new to me. :)
Feb 26, 2017 8:58 pm
I've applied and I'm pretty familiar with D&D 5e so if you're struggling with anything I should be able to assist
Feb 26, 2017 11:04 pm
I'm in, I have the PDFs and purchased the hardcopies, but still waiting for the GMs guide to be sent.
Feb 27, 2017 4:31 am
Awesome. Will bring y'all in shortly.
Mar 10, 2017 5:46 pm
I've got one of the five members of the party potentially idling out -- if a spot opens does someone want to join in? We're just getting rolling, so adding you in is straightforward.
Mar 10, 2017 11:06 pm
I'm gonna pass this time. New job and all.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.