Adventures in Middle Earth

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 1, 2017 6:27 pm
Adventures in Middle Earth takes the setting and some of the game mechanics of The One Ring and use the OGL (Open Gaming License) system as a new way to bring it about. Basically -- it uses DND 5E as the underlying game mechanic/system and layers Middle Earth on top of it.

I'm running a One Ring campaign now, and am interest in kicking off an Adventures in Middle Earth campaign as a way to explore the ins and outs of the two systems and see if there's a better one for Middle Earth or not -- or which one might be more fun to run (or play in!).

That said, the One Ring campaign I have is fun -- but has moderately limited interest. :) So before I go off creating another Middle Earth campaign, I thought I'd ask if there was any interest in participating in such a beast. If not, I'll bide my time for some future date. :)
Feb 1, 2017 6:31 pm
I've always wanted to try it, so I'm down!
Feb 1, 2017 6:36 pm
Fair warning, I've played some 5E here, but never run it -- so as you're an experienced 5E player you may be poking me along on how to not screw things up. ;)
Last edited February 1, 2017 6:40 pm
Feb 1, 2017 6:45 pm
I'll try it out. I only have D&D5e resources, though; what else would be required?
Feb 1, 2017 6:54 pm
I'm up for it, have been looking forwards to getting a game in since I picked up the players guide 😊
Feb 1, 2017 7:17 pm
I don't think anything else is necessarily required -- there are some new concepts I could explain. But if you were of a mind to have something handy the Player's Guide PDF is $20 on DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.
Feb 1, 2017 7:20 pm
falryx says:
I don't think anything else is necessarily required -- there are some new concepts I could explain. But if you were of a mind to have something handy the Player's Guide PDF is $20 on DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.
That's the One Ring player's guide?
Feb 1, 2017 8:08 pm
Nope - here's the link I have:

Adventures in Middle Earth
Feb 1, 2017 11:14 pm
Put me down in reserve, though I'm sure you'll get plenty of people!
Feb 1, 2017 11:16 pm
I'd like to play. I bought the PG a few weeks ago.
Feb 3, 2017 4:31 am
Okee dokee. I'll read up on AIME and the lore masters guide, then re-read salient parts of the 5E rules and get something kicked off.
Feb 7, 2017 3:55 pm
I'll probably get something rolling towards the end of this month -- I've got a vacation coming up so won't kick it until after that. :)
Feb 25, 2017 10:50 pm
Posted the game here should folks still be interested. I'll give priority to the folks in the thread.
Feb 25, 2017 10:51 pm
I'm going to give newer people a chance to get in on this first before i apply, because I don't want to hog all of the games :)
Feb 25, 2017 11:02 pm
Fair enough. :) Note that as a warning, I'm new to DMing 5E, so some more experience GP folks with high tolerance for my own mis-steps would be welcome. :) I have done these adventures via the One Ring ruleset, so I'm pretty familiar with the adventure material, it's just how it's mapped into OGL that's new to me. :)
Feb 26, 2017 8:58 pm
I've applied and I'm pretty familiar with D&D 5e so if you're struggling with anything I should be able to assist
Feb 26, 2017 11:04 pm
I'm in, I have the PDFs and purchased the hardcopies, but still waiting for the GMs guide to be sent.
Feb 27, 2017 4:31 am
Awesome. Will bring y'all in shortly.
Mar 10, 2017 5:46 pm
I've got one of the five members of the party potentially idling out -- if a spot opens does someone want to join in? We're just getting rolling, so adding you in is straightforward.
Mar 10, 2017 11:06 pm
I'm gonna pass this time. New job and all.
Mar 14, 2017 1:53 am
Roger roger!
Mar 25, 2017 8:38 pm
I would love to join if you will have me. I've read through the PDF version and would love to be able to try it out. If you still haven't started, haha I didn't see the date.
Last edited March 25, 2017 8:40 pm
May 8, 2017 3:10 pm
I have the player's guide and the lore master's guide. I'm very eager to play in this setting!!! I'm in a few games on here as a player and as a DM. I hope you'll think of me if a spot opens up in this game. Thanks!
Jun 6, 2017 3:39 pm
Still recruiting?
Jun 7, 2017 3:36 am
We may have someone who has idled out -- we had a hiatus during my ACL reconstruction and recovery so I'd like to give him a chance to return before I do anything crazy. :)
Jun 8, 2017 4:09 pm
I'm having same issue with my star wars game.
Jun 15, 2017 12:23 am
Hey there -- the team is up for a fifth. Anyone still interested?
Jun 15, 2017 3:42 am
Why the hell not! Sounds like fun to me! I am sadly not very experienced with the system, but I can learn!
Jun 16, 2017 3:25 am
Game is here -- happy to have someone request to join!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.