How Many Games Are You Involved In?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 2, 2017 1:15 pm
I am playing in 3 and running 1. Some days (the busy ones) I'm glad I don't have more, then the very next day I wish I had more games. So I guess I'm near my limit projecting after the busy days.
Feb 3, 2017 2:48 pm
I run 1 game and am signed up for 23 others (19 as an active participant, and 4 as an observer/learner). 4 of the 19 games have slowed to a halt, but the other 15 get new posts pretty much daily.

I own & run a business that has me working 16-hour days, 7 days a week.

Sometimes I'll get off work and there'll be a truckload of threads to catch up on and post to (and of course I try mybest to write quality posts), and then there are days (like today) when I sit here and there's nothing new and I wish I had more games! :-D
Last edited February 3, 2017 3:01 pm
Feb 3, 2017 3:41 pm
Let's see, I think I'm actively running 3 (though only one is really hoppin' active) and signed up for 17, but of those, only 14 are really regularly updating.
Feb 3, 2017 4:05 pm
I am GMing two and playing in 11.
Feb 4, 2017 2:11 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I run 1 game and am signed up for 23 others (19 as an active participant, and 4 as an observer/learner). 4 of the 19 games have slowed to a halt, but the other 15 get new posts pretty much daily.

I own & run a business that has me working 16-hour days, 7 days a week.

Sometimes I'll get off work and there'll be a truckload of threads to catch up on and post to (and of course I try mybest to write quality posts), and then there are days (like today) when I sit here and there's nothing new and I wish I had more games! :-D
I wonder how you find the time to bake any cake...
Feb 4, 2017 2:17 am
I'm playing in four games and GMing three more. All are active, although one is slow right now. I feel like I have hit the limit of what I can do without flaking out on other players, but there is always a new system I'd like to try.
Feb 26, 2017 8:18 pm
I'm running 3 and looking to get involved in one as a player.
Feb 26, 2017 10:19 pm
I'm GMing 1 and playing in 2. That's pretty good for me though sometimes I feel like I post to much in my games. I find it interesting that almost everyone that posted here is a GM. Makes you wonder how much people get out of their game threads to peruse the general forums.
Mar 2, 2017 3:34 am
GMing 2 (one is 5-10 post a day, the other 1/day) and playing in 2 both average 3 posts a day. Pretty full bill for me here. We have over 4000 in-game posts and over 5500 total posts in the 5-10/day game. We only started in November of last year. My players are awesome. I am so glad I found this site. I know what it sounds like but I am proud of that accomplishment. Link
Last edited March 2, 2017 3:38 am
Mar 15, 2017 3:05 am
DM_Apexwolf says:
We have over 4000 in-game posts and over 5500 total posts in the 5-10/day game. We only started in November of last year. My players are awesome.
And since you posted that two weeks ago, we're about to hit 6300 total posts.

I'm playing in four active games. That seems to be about my limit. Sometimes I think I'd like to be in more and maybe run a game. I work a desk job and can usually post during the day. Character creation, though, is something I have to carve out some precious free time to do. In every game I've joined, I've been the last to submit a character. It's frustrating to have labored over something I think is cool and original only to have a game go dark (four so far) and to have wasted that time.
Mar 15, 2017 4:54 am
I need to stop joining games, but I keep seeing new ones pop up and I get excited... I just love creating new characters, it seems!

Len

Mar 15, 2017 5:34 am
Two games: one as a GM and another as a player. Feeling satisfied, but I can see the appeal of playing in more games. Reading this thread gives me a new-found respect for how involved many of my fellow players are in this community.
Last edited March 15, 2017 5:41 am
Mar 15, 2017 6:09 am
I'm new here. Just running two games. Hoping to join one or two as a player.
Mar 15, 2017 7:41 am
Moofsalot says:
I need to stop joining games, but I keep seeing new ones pop up and I get excited... I just love creating new characters, it seems!
It's an illness. We need to set up that support group already.
Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm
Moofsalot says:
I really love character creation, too. It's just so time-consuming for me. I'm an office worker by day and a single parent by night, so carving out time to craft something I'm proud of and not just slapped together is difficult. I'd love to join a couple more games, but four holds my attention pretty well, especially the one that's five to ten posts a day. If I get busy at work and can't check in until after I get my daughter to bed, sitting down to two or three dozen unread Gamers Plane emails is daunting!
Mar 15, 2017 2:49 pm
Another drawback to being in so many games: I had to post my notice of absence to 2 dozen separate OOC threads! We do have an Absences thread that's supposed to help with that but I fear not every GM follows it.
Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Another drawback to being in so many games: I had to post my notice of absence to 2 dozen separate OOC threads! We do have an Absences thread that's supposed to help with that but I fear not every GM follows it.
Yeah, and it made me realize how many games we're in together! Damn!
Mar 15, 2017 3:15 pm
To update my status, when I started this thread I was running 1 game (averaging a little over 1 post/PC/day), now I'm also playing in 2 others and have been keeping an eye out for the right 3rd, but I think that'd be about my limit.
Mar 16, 2017 1:42 am
I'm playing 4 games and GMing one.
Oct 10, 2017 6:24 am
Am currently a player in 36 games, though only 28 of those are still showing any signs of life.

It's amazing then how it's still possible for me to be sitting at the computer right now doing this to the GP homepage: http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4448139/social-network-refresh-o.gif
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.